Experiences - Research + Presentation

Started by Jdp00921
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Jdp00921

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

As we all know, AMCAS allows up to 15 spaces. I'm debating on specific experiences to post and I wasn't sure how to go about research with a presentation. Should I post both as one experience labeled research, or would it be better to post 2 separate experiences? I want to be sure I'm being concise and not wasting a space when it could have been condensed into one experience.

Thanks in advance!
-J
 
Hey all,

As we all know, AMCAS allows up to 15 spaces. I'm debating on specific experiences to post and I wasn't sure how to go about research with a presentation. Should I post both as one experience labeled research, or would it be better to post 2 separate experiences? I want to be sure I'm being concise and not wasting a space when it could have been condensed into one experience.

Thanks in advance!
-J
If you presented at an on-campus event, use one Research space to mention the project, your role, and the presentation. If you presented at an off-campus conference and the process for your inclusion was selective, then give the presentation its own space in a Posters/Presentations slot.
 
Last edited:
If you presented at an on-call event, use one Research space to mention the project, your role, and the presentation. If you presented at an off-campus conference and the process for your inclusion was selective, then give the presentation its own space in a Posters/Presentations slot.

Thanks so much!
 
I would wrap the research and presentation into one if it's from the same experience and you're short on space for activities. In the description, you can write about the experience and note that it ended up in a poster (and a citation for the poster if there is one). If you have extra slots, you can obviously separate them.