Experiences Section

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IDK22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Was hoping to get advice on the experience section for AACOMAS:

1) Is it best to list experiences in bullet form or in paragraphs? Currently I have bullets with spaces in between each line, but not sure if that's what most schools prefer. Insight from previous applicants would be helpful

2) How is the experiences section seen once submitted? Right now it's just showing as I enter them, but I'm wondering are they viewed chronologically/by type of experience?

3) If I had multiple positions in a health related student organization- can I list them out as separate since they entailed different hours/responsibilities?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

bump!

Last edited:
Anybody with advice on this? sorry to keep bumping, a little desperate!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm still pre-med too (awaiting verification) so take my advice with a grain of salt but since no one is answering I'll give it a go....

1) Write them out in paragraph form. You don't just want to list things, you want to elaborate on them (as much as 600 characters will allow) so they can see what you learned and how it will help make you a good med student/physician. I don't imagine it would look very good to just say "I did this. I did that. This was a responsibility. etc" Instead do something like "As I worked here, I learned the value of teamwork through this experience...."

2) They show up how you entered them. From what I gather, the order you enter them doesn't really matter. Adcoms will read all of them so they'll notice which ones are more relevant.

3) Up to you and depends how much you can differentiate between them. If you are going to list them as separate make sure adcoms aren't going to read them and think "this was just like the last one, sounds like he's stretching for more experiences." If they are pretty different (different dates, different jobs, etc) as you mentioned, I'm sure it's okay that they are listed separately.

Hope this helps...I'm no authority so hopefully someone else chimes in.

I'm still pre-med too (awaiting verification) so take my advice with a grain of salt but since no one is answering I'll give it a go....

1) Write them out in paragraph form. You don't just want to list things, you want to elaborate on them (as much as 600 characters will allow) so they can see what you learned and how it will help make you a good med student/physician. I don't imagine it would look very good to just say "I did this. I did that. This was a responsibility. etc" Instead do something like "As I worked here, I learned the value of teamwork through this experience...."

2) They show up how you entered them. From what I gather, the order you enter them doesn't really matter. Adcoms will read all of them so they'll notice which ones are more relevant.

3) Up to you and depends how much you can differentiate between them. If you are going to list them as separate make sure adcoms aren't going to read them and think "this was just like the last one, sounds like he's stretching for more experiences." If they are pretty different (different dates, different jobs, etc) as you mentioned, I'm sure it's okay that they are listed separately.

Hope this helps...I'm no authority so hopefully someone else chimes in.

Thank you! I'll go ahead and run with that- you make some good points! @Goro any advice on what you prefer as well as other admissions officers?