Experimental Verbal Passages

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uthopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that before when there were 65 questions many people thought that one of the two passages that had 10 questions was the experimental passage. Does anyone have any idea or guess on how to predict or even a decent guess on which passage is experimental.

My guess is it probably would not be one of the last two because many people do not finish, but that is all I can come up with. Since I always finish only 8/9 passages I am trying to figure out which one to skip. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

i took the april test and i had 2 10-question passages back to back. not cool. not to mention, in that situation it would be impossible to tell which one was experimental since they were both equally horrific.
i don't think it's a wise idea guessing which passage is the experimental. doing so might waste precious verbal minutes. i can imagine it's probably one of the longer ones but who knows.
if you're not finishing verbal and want to make sure you nail 8 passages just do the 8 that seem easiest to you regardless of how many questions. i think that's a better strategy than trying to get into the minds of the evil aamc monsters.
good luck

don't worry about experimental this and that....
the mcat folks are not stupid enough to make it obvious. it's like the people trying to tell you preview and then decide if it's worth doing the whole passage. bs. you don't have that kind of time. concentrate on every passage and dont glaze over, and you'll do alright.

best,
captjack