Exploitation by Faculty

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pdentist2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a foreign trained dentist working as a research fellow in a dental school.I love the work there except for this one individual who insists on making us work preparing tests and grading tests for him.He doesnt even asks us.He tells us.This is inspite of all the projects we are doing.I am apprehensive of saying much to him coz I wish to get accepted in the school.Any advice from anyone?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a foreign trained dentist working as a research fellow in a dental school.I love the work there except for this one individual who insists on making us work preparing tests and grading tests for him.He doesnt even asks us.He tells us.This is inspite of all the projects we are doing.I am apprehensive of saying much to him coz I wish to get accepted in the school.Any advice from anyone?

Sorry to be the downer, but if you're trying to get into a school and you're a research fellow, you get be someone else's whipping boy. Just wait until you're accepted in school and the prosth people make you do a project over because they're just that way. Dental school is very trying, but the end is worth the means. If you rock the boat now, I guarantee that it won't bode well for your future.

Sorry to be the downer, but if you're trying to get into a school and you're a research fellow, you get be someone else's whipping boy. Just wait until you're accepted in school and the prosth people make you do a project over because they're just that way. Dental school is very trying, but the end is worth the means. If you rock the boat now, I guarantee that it won't bode well for your future.
Ugh, I'm so tired of dental school.

+1 to everything here.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just swallow it. This is just the beginning if you plan to go to d school. Learn to swallow NOW. And, really, it doesn't sound like the guy is asking much. If that's your job, that's your job.

You could play stupid and just give everyone, or 90% of the class, A's. Just find the obvious 10 or so that are horrible and give them B's. Then, he would get so tired of that, that he would prefer to grade them himself.

just say, "in my country they chop off your hands if you grade someone else's class papers. It is in my nature to respect my heritage."