Extending eligibility

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HighHopesHere

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I might not be able to take my exam as scheduled, and I want to reschedule it to the next period of time that I'm free in. This is past the eligibility window. Ada allows me to pay $130 to extend the window by a few months which is enough for me. My question is, will I only have to pay $130? Or will there be another charge after that for when I cancel the exam? If so, when is the latest date I can cancel the exam and would it have an affect on the price? Thank you in advance.

Edit: Rephrasing

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I might not be able to take my exam as scheduled, and I want to reschedule it to the next period of time that I'm free in. This is past the eligibility window. Ada allows me to pay $130 to extend the window by a few months which is enough for me. My question is, will I only have to pay $130? Or will there be another charge after that for when I cancel the exam? If so, when is the latest date I can cancel the exam and would it have an affect on the price? Thank you in advance.

Edit: Rephrasing
The is posted in the 2023 DAT Candidate Guide.

EXTENSION REQUEST GUIDE NOTICE
Candidates may request a 45-day extension (weekends and holidays included) to their eligibility window by
logging into their My Account page.
Candidates may request only one extension per application and cannot have an examination appointment
currently scheduled. Any candidate with a scheduled appointment must cancel that appointment before
proceeding with an extension request; failure to do so will result in the extension request being denied. The
eligibility extension request does not supersede any other rules regarding a candidate’s eligibility.
The fee for the 45-day extension is listed above. The fee must be paid at the time the extension request
is submitted, and is non-refundable and non-transferable

If you still have questions it might be best to call 800.232.2162 for clarification, but my understanding is you would cancel your current test date if you already have one, then request the extension for 45 days and pay the $130.

Hope this helps..
Wishing you the best in your studies and on the DAT!
Nancy, co/owner, Destroyers

Reactions: 1 user