Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

extension classes

Discussion in 'Re-Applicants [ MD / DO ]' started by jennyomar, Dec 8, 2005.

1. jennyomar

jennyomar Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Hello everyone. I need your comments. For reaplicants, we need to do a few things to improve our resume right. I am retaking the MCAT, I also have a 3.3 science GPA so I have been advised to take additional classes thru extension education. Has anyone been advised by their counselors to do the same in their year off? I was advised by one counselor, but the courses are so expensive, plus it will not increase my GPA that much. All it shows is that I am still in school, taking courses. Have anyone taken online sciences courses, what are the work load? Any comments frm you guys are appreciated. thanks.

2. the negative 1

the negative 1 Bovie to "war crimes" please
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Have you graduated yet? If so, any courses you take after graduating are considered post-bacc studies and are added to your undergrad GPA and tallied as a separate GPA by AMCAS. I was advised to take biochemistry as a post-bacc class because I had a pretty weak biology background though tons of clinical experience. I took the course through my alma mater, which offers a discount to alumni. When I didn't get in last year, I decided to enter a graduate program in epidemiology to really bolster my resume.

Sorry, I don't really know much about extension courses though.