Extra income/side job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lisinopril

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am wondering what other extra income/side jobs do pharmacists on SDN have? It would be nice to be shared on SDN.

Members don't see this ad.

Other than my per-diem jobs? Have a VAG-COM cable and computer program so people bring their Volkswagens/Audis over to my place or I go over to their place and connect the car to my laptop and do things like disabling day time running lights, allowing fog lights to run without turning on the regular lights, activating rear fog lights and other things that the car can do but the factory only enables in premium models.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Other than my per-diem jobs? Have a VAG-COM cable and computer program so people bring their Volkswagens/Audis over to my place or I go over to their place and connect the car to my laptop and do things like disabling day time running lights, allowing fog lights to run without turning on the regular lights, activating rear fog lights and other things that the car can do but the factory only enables in premium models.

I wish I could disable the safety feature that makes my Prius be still before I can use the GPS. It is a 2012 model. The only thing I see only have me like taking apart the dashboard and playing with wires. :(

I wish I could disable the safety feature that makes my Prius be still before I can use the GPS. It is a 2012 model. The only thing I see only have me like taking apart the dashboard and playing with wires. :(

Don't really know much about Toyotas. The Volkswagen program is super easy to use, its just that the cable and program cost at least $300 depending on the package you order, it's paid for itself already.

Smart, Sparda. I am assuming you have a lot of technical it knowledge??

I do comedy on twitter dot com. I don't get $$$ tho

Smart, Sparda. I am assuming you have a lot of technical it knowledge??

Not really. It's a super easy program to use with checkmarks and all that stuff. I hook up the cable and just go down the options bar enabling stuff.

Asides from that I know how to build computers from scratch, I'm more of a hardware person than a software person.

Thinking about learning web development and if it's good I might consider switching to that career full-time and doing pharmacy part-time or per diem

Thinking about learning web development and if it's good I might consider switching to that career full-time and doing pharmacy part-time or per diem

What sort of web development are you thinking about?

I have been doing a variety of web development work for various small businesses and individuals over the years as well as some internet marketing. I also have some sites of my own that generate some money on the side.

What sort of web development are you thinking about?

I have been doing a variety of web development work for various small businesses and individuals over the years as well as some internet marketing. I also have some sites of my own that generate some money on the side.

I want to learn both client and server side and get a taste for both to see what I want to focus on.
I have little experience with HTML/CSS, Python & Java.
I like that with web development you have some creative license unlike the monotone nature of retail pharmacy.

How do you like it as a side job?

I want to learn both client and server side and get a taste for both to see what I want to focus on.
I have little experience with HTML/CSS, Python & Java.
I like that with web development you have some creative license unlike the monotone nature of retail pharmacy.

How do you like it as a side job?

It has been great for me, but I've never used it as a necessary income source or anything- it has been more of a hobby which I enjoy and does end up making me a little money on the side. I started off with smaller things (freelancing mostly) in high school and moved on to creating sites of my own more in undergrad. Nowadays, I still have some sites of my own and I also do some freelancing, but more with established entities than random people online (i.e. small businesses).

I really like the flexibility and the potential is great. At the same time, it is a very competitive market in pretty much everything nowadays, so you have to do something to really find your niche or set yourself apart, especially if you are relying on it to support yourself. Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics on what I've done/do.

After I get a job as a pharmacist, I was thinking about becoming a fashion designer also. I don't know if I'll actually go that path though lol :p
Pharmacist/ Part time fashion designer sounds kinda weird too

I was also thinking about becoming a writer on the side :D