Extracurricular activities 2017/2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CFP545

UNE CDM '22
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

On the extracurricular activities section for the 2017/2018 application, I'm planning on putting down my hobbies, and the things I do in my free time. The thing is, they ask for the organization and supervisor name, as well as experience start and end date. When I go mountain biking I don't have a supervisor, and I have no idea what the start date is when I started biking. What are your suggestions one this part? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Extracurricular Activities: Any sports teams and other activities through a college or university.

That is from the aadsas application instructions. You should only list activities completed through the school.

unfortunately @Crithu is right IMO. i also would have liked listing that i play instruments on my free time because I do almost week day for fun. but I didn't cause it was n't through an organization. I listed it under manual dexterity though. So maybe you can find ways to sneak in that info (like manual dexterity, PS, secondaries when they ask to list other things about yourself)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

On the extracurricular activities section for the 2017/2018 application, I'm planning on putting down my hobbies, and the things I do in my free time. The thing is, they ask for the organization and supervisor name, as well as experience start and end date. When I go mountain biking I don't have a supervisor, and I have no idea what the start date is when I started biking. What are your suggestions one this part? Thanks.

It's not an extracurricular, don't add it to that section at all.

Thanks for your replies. I called AADSAS (spoke with Anna) about this and asked them as well. I told them that in the application instructions it says to list sports teams or other activities through a college or university, but what if I wanted to list other extracurriculars outside of school. She said to ignore the instructions and list all activities/hobbies I'm involved in. As for the organization or supervisor just put N/A. For the beginning or end date, just estimate. Same thing for how many hours a week, and for how many weeks. However, I think I agree with all of you, and should just put down athletic teams or other organizations through my school I've been involved in.

Thanks for your replies. I called AADSAS (spoke with Anna) about this and asked them as well. I told them that in the application instructions it says to list sports teams or other activities through a college or university, but what if I wanted to list other extracurriculars outside of school. She said to ignore the instructions and list all activities/hobbies I'm involved in. As for the organization or supervisor just put N/A. For the beginning or end date, just estimate. Same thing for how many hours a week, and for how many weeks. However, I think I agree with all of you, and should just put down athletic teams or other organizations through my school I've been involved in.
I think you were misled my friend... I'll bet you that if you call and ask someone else, they would say not to add it (trust me, i asked 4 people regarding post application processes and I got 3 different responses)..

I think so too. Other questions I have had I've gotten multiple different responses. It doesn't seem like the AADSAS employees really know what's going on. Thanks for your thoughts guys and good luck!