• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

shadowfox87

10+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Hey guys,

About to start clinical rotations and I really want to get back into some hobbies of mine. I was wondering let's say I take a class that is 1-2 hours maybe 3 times per week during rotations, is that possible while still maintaining a decent 6-7 hours of sleep per day and not falling behind? During med school, I just went to the gym but the gym is on campus, so I'm not sure how it will change with me driving to the hospital and then also going somewhere else to take a class.

Can some of you who are pros at this, shed some light on this?

MilkmanAl

10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2008
Kansas City, MO
www.facebook.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
That should be easily doable during everything except surgery and possibly OB/Gyn. Your hours shouldn't be all that bad, for the most part. I had time to work out regularly, watch all the sports I wanted to, go to dinner with friends most nights, and revive a pretty time-consuming hobby.

Day man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 18, 2008
it's always sunny
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey guys,

About to start clinical rotations and I really want to get back into some hobbies of mine. I was wondering let's say I take a class that is 1-2 hours maybe 3 times per week during rotations, is that possible while still maintaining a decent 6-7 hours of sleep per day and not falling behind? During med school, I just went to the gym but the gym is on campus, so I'm not sure how it will change with me driving to the hospital and then also going somewhere else to take a class.

Can some of you who are pros at this, shed some light on this?

I played rugby and baseball in leagues all year. All about time management. On Surgery I ended up dropping the weekly practice and only did games on weekends. The only week I had an issue was nighfloat/nap during the day for OB...miserable rotation.

Do hobbies. Your primary goal is obviously school and grades, but you'll be a much happier/better person if you indulge in things outside medicine. At least in my opinion.

JamDoc

Apr 21, 2012
Status (Visible)
Depends on the rotation... some months will even allow travel while others will barely allow sleep

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.