extracurriculars/general advice (pharmD app)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

harliprilarlar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys, I've been finishing up my pharmCAS application and I am kind of worried about my extracurriculars...so far my extracurricular section consists of: pharmacy volunteering at the hospital (since last november) and my internships as a scientific illustrator at two labs (one since last march and the other just starting this summer). However, during my freshman year I was briefly part of AIESEC and my school's asian business leaders association (which i'm still a member of as today, somehow...) Should I add those into my extracurricular section or is it not necessary (considering I was just a general member)?

currently my stats are: gpa--around 3.7, (science ~3.6), pcat composite 97. and for work/pharmacy experience: I've been working as a tech at cvs since late april and used to work as a children's book illustrator. I'm applying to all of the major uc schools (ucsf, ucsd, usc), u michigan, ohio state, upitt, and u of a--do I have a pretty good shot at those schools?

thanks in advance to any that reply!!