Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Extra's Y'all

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Sparty Corn Fed, Sep 17, 2002.

1. Sparty Corn Fed

7+ Year Member

So I'm starting to get back into the swing of things this semester and finding out that I have little to no time for some major XC's. I was just curious how many XC's people partake in outside of normal volunteering and research. Also, what does one mean by saying that they have "lot's" of XC's. Reading that, i picture a 20 page resume filled to the brim with all the goodstuff medical schools want from applicants. Any info?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CoffeeCat

CoffeeCat SDN Angel
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    do you mean ECs? Basically it varies for everyone...it's as much as you can participate in without hurting your GPA. I think when people say that they have a lot of ECs, they mean that they have participated in something to a great extent, beyond the normal research/volunteering.

Also, keep in mind that there is a balance as to the number and amount of time of your ECs. You can participate in everything, but if it's only for a week, it won't count for much. I think the general idea is to have a few things that you've been very much involved with.

If this sounds vague, it's because each applicant is different :)

4. Sparty Corn Fed

7+ Year Member

Ah Yeah, you can tell it's getting late, i meant EC's