Extra's Y'all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sparty Corn Fed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm starting to get back into the swing of things this semester and finding out that I have little to no time for some major XC's. I was just curious how many XC's people partake in outside of normal volunteering and research. Also, what does one mean by saying that they have "lot's" of XC's. Reading that, i picture a 20 page resume filled to the brim with all the goodstuff medical schools want from applicants. Any info?

Members don't see this ad.

do you mean ECs? Basically it varies for everyone...it's as much as you can participate in without hurting your GPA. I think when people say that they have a lot of ECs, they mean that they have participated in something to a great extent, beyond the normal research/volunteering.

Also, keep in mind that there is a balance as to the number and amount of time of your ECs. You can participate in everything, but if it's only for a week, it won't count for much. I think the general idea is to have a few things that you've been very much involved with.

If this sounds vague, it's because each applicant is different :)

Ah Yeah, you can tell it's getting late, i meant EC's