What are y'all doing in your clinical volunteering?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fishs

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've been volunteering at a hospital this summer, as I'm sure many of y'all have been too. I was just curious like what kind of responsibilities everyone else has and what kind of stuff y'all do all day.

I work in a couple different departments, but I do a lot of cleaning everywhere I go. I've been helping decorate patients rooms in the cardiac ICU. Most of my time is spent in a post surgery unit, so there I usually am getting stuff for the patients like drinks and blankets. I also do patient transport around the hospital (thats my favorite!). And generally, I do whatever the nurses ask me to do.

I really do enjoy it overall, the hospital I volunteer at has a nice vibe. Do y'all like yours?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah pretty much the same, just cleaning and helping patients and families navigate the hospital. I actually volunteer in a post-surgery unit too, so I don't really talk to the patients much. However, I do get a good look into what nurses do, which is important to understand before going into medicine. I also get to see the care handoffs from surgery to the PACU nurses. It ended up being pretty meaningful.

Reactions: 1 user