Extremely low GPA, should I just give up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm 22 years old and probably need to spend another 3-4 years to retake classes

It will take a little more than 1 year. 2 Summers, Fall, Winter, and Spring.

thats how long it took me to retake gbio, gchem, ochem, physics, calc, a&p, calc, + random grade boosters. i left my undergrad with a 2.384 so with your 2.5 you seem to have a better starting point.

Members don't see this ad.

It might take a bit over a year. I ended up this year as a post-bacc. I had a terrible undergraduate GPA at one college, wasn't trying and yeah... had a few issues myself. So I decided to do a post-bacc because my advisor said my GPA was a bit low...... and retaking some of the classes. i never took like Orgo's, Gen Bio's, so thats what I needed to concentrate on. :) Basically you can do it, if I am. Plus, I'm taking the courses in 6 weeks, not 16 weeks and it's way more enjoyable. Managed to knock out Gen Bio's 1 & 2 , one O-Chem, Pathophysiology, and a upper biology seminar class in one semester. :thumbup: It's going to be until next year that I'm applying, but..... I'm looking on the bright side, its not that far away.

I did mine at a state university. I'm not sure if it matters or not. It's probably best to see how the schools you want to attend view community colleges. A's need to be your goal, but a B here and there won't hurt you. Showing an upward trend shows the Adcoms that you are more mature student than you were when you first started college.

In my opinion the rest of my application was excellent. I had a letter of recommendation from a alum of the school I wanted to attend. One from my organic professor, who I worked for doing organic lab prep. And a third from another pharmacist who is a good friend of mine. My personal statement was very personal and explained my poor performance my first time through college.

Like I said work hard and you will succeed.

Hi, i have a similar situation...i was wondering if you could email me sample of your personal statement or give me some pointer on how to write it? ([email protected]) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the same exact boat as you are...grades are too low, I have been retaking classes, and the institution I would like to attend informed me that they calculate repeat courses into your gpa. Tell me how your situation turned out, I saw you posted this thread 2 years ago.

thanks

Hmm this is somewhat a relief that I'm not the only one who's been freaking out about this. I haven't been planning pharmacy all my life, it just kind of happened. My undergrad GPA isn't stellar, I just didn't care, all I was thinking was to graduate, I wasn't planing on pursuing anything after undergrad. I didn't take science pre-reqs and just started them 2 years ago and I've been doing quite well. I'm not an A student, more like a B even if I try my hardest. I plan on applying for next yr and so am also curious to get feedback, since every situation is a bit different. My first pcat was horrendous in chem, but stupidly I took it before I took Orgo so hoping to improve that this year. Thanks for any info.

It will take a little more than 1 year. 2 Summers, Fall, Winter, and Spring.

thats how long it took me to retake gbio, gchem, ochem, physics, calc, a&p, calc, + random grade boosters. i left my undergrad with a 2.384 so with your 2.5 you seem to have a better starting point.

Did you get in after you retook those classes?? I graduated with 2.4