Eye Exam Cost

Started by DrTacoElf
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrTacoElf

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys I'm headed to dental school in the fall and I need an eye exam so here i am. Anyway what can I expect to pay for an eye exam if i have HMO insurance. Just a copay? or are there other costs involved?

Thanks!
 
DrTacoElf said:
Hey guys I'm headed to dental school in the fall and I need an eye exam so here i am. Anyway what can I expect to pay for an eye exam if i have HMO insurance. Just a copay? or are there other costs involved?

Thanks!

HMO plans will usually only cover eye exams for "medical" reasons, not "routine" reasons such as glasses or contacts. The only payment is usually your copayment.

So when you go in there, tell the doctor you have a mild headache.

Most HMOs will not cover anything towards glasses or contact lenses. You should phone your plan and find out what is covered and what is not.

Jenny