Eyegirl's OAT scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E

Eyegirl2007

The Boston recap is coming...

This is what I got on the OAT:

Academic average 330
Total science 330

Quantitative reasoning (270):mad:
Reading comprehension (380):wow:
Physics (320)
Biology (330)
General Chemistry (330)
Organic Chemistry (320)

So I can sell my OAT books now, right???

Members don't see this ad.

Consider yourself in..ICO,IU...anywhere!! perhaps you will be my classmate next year!!

excellent job eyegirl2007!! I am happy for you.

Congrats on your scores:clap: Did you receive them via snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Good job eyegirl- but I would have to disagree that you're guaranteed to get in anywhere- I got a 360 Acad Ave & 370 Tot Science with a cum GPA of 3.36 and I was rejected THREE TIMES by OSU before getting in the 4th, and when I applied to SCO, I didn't even make the alternate list. There seems to be a BIG emphasis on the interview for many schools- I hope you interviewed well- my interviewing skills aren't the greatest but I got better each time I tried. Well, good luck- hope you get in!

Thanks everyone, except maybe TPMOH!

I think I hear the sound of someone raining on my parade.....hehe

I think every individual applicant's case is different and you can't say whether someone will get in or not based on their OAT scores alone. I really hope I get into one or more of them. BUt basically I'll be happy being an OD anywhere. I am above the mean OAT for all of the schools I applied to according to opted.org.

I got my scores from IU who were happy to read them to me over the phone.

And TPMOH, congrats for being at OSU. I've heard it's very hardcore. :)

BTW, I think I interview pretty well. At least no one ran screaming from the office after I was done.

wow, those are great scores...and after all that worrying in Boston...you see, things will work out yet ; )...

Ror...

That's why I put "neuroses upon neuroses" under my avatar. I'm a big worrier...but things usually work out for the best. BTW I had a great time meeting you at the interview. I have a feeling you'll make a very competent OD.

Thank you for the encouragement. I also enjoyed meeting you and all the others and there is no doubt in my mind that you will get accepted to where ever you want. Good luck and keep up the good work. : )

Ror...

I received my scores yesturday, I'm happy. They are not as great as Eyegirl's, but not bad either. I have a chance!

:clap:

Sorry eyegirl, I didn't mean to try to bring you down or rain on your parade. I guess that I just wanted to let everyone know in here that high test scores and grades don't always mean an automatic acceptance. Heck, with my OAT scores and grades, I thought I was a shoe-in at any school- even OSU, but I didn't even get into my second choice- SCO. After my second failed attempt at OSU I even had one of the OSU admission committee members tell me afterwords that the committee was questioning my academic ability to handle the program. Oh well, my 1st 2 qtrs GPA in my 1st yr of OD school were 3.50 and 3.42. I just hope you all out there don't have the same application experiences that I did. Good luck to you all.

Congrats on your scores. :clap: