Eyeglass question

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

idamaster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

This may be the wrong place to ask, but I'm sure someone here can answer my question.
My blood-pressure got high for a few months and after (now) I cannot focus my eyes completely. I can still see and read very well, but not 100%. I cannot fully focus at near and far distances. I'm not sure why I lost the ability to focus my lens properly; my vision has gotten better over time but to see 100% clearly I need to squint. I am 20 years old and was wondering if I could used reading glasses without a negative impact. I know that you can use reading glasses without ruining your vision, but all of these articles are targeted at a 40+ year old group. I was wondering If I could used 1+ reading glasses for studying and reading until I can see an eye doctor? Also, I think I had some slight nephrotoxicity at this point which caused a lot of blurriness in my vision. Will my vision ever return to normal or have I damaged my eyesight permanently?

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

no one can answer your questions without an examination to determine why exactly you are experiencing those symptoms. Make an appt and get checked asap

[...][ B]ut I'm sure someone here can answer my question. [...]

Sorry, but you're wrong about that. You had some level of hypertension, and you may have had nephrotoxicity, ...and you're curious to have some random person on the Internet advise you regarding reading glasses.

If you are concerned, you ought to have an eye examination, or at least receive the opinion of your primary-care physician (who may simply refer you to an eye doctor). In the mean time, if you want to try out non-prescription spectacles, you are at liberty to do so at your discretion.