Eyemag smart Loupes right price??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwertydentist

Reaction score
I purchased carl zeiss Eyemag smart 2.5X 500mm.(titanium frame)

It cost 1200$ (USD)
I bought new one not used loupes

Is it reasonable price for this model?

And plus
I am planning for higher magnification power for endo work in the future (zeiss always)
What do you recommend among 4X(500mm) , 3.5X(500mm) , 4.3X(400mm) and 5X(300mm)?

Members don't see this ad.

I would say you got a good price for a new set with the titanium frames. Personally, I started with the EyeMag Pro 3.5 x 400 with a Lumadent light. They gave me great clarity, depth of field and field of vision to handle general dental procedures. The only complaint I have heard expressed is the weight. When your are ready (and you will) to increase magnification try before you buy. There are a few excellent brands and configurations beside Zeiss that may fulfill your needs. If you are intent on sticking with Zeiss for the higher magnifications consider the pro F headband to better distribute the weight and save some long term effects on your neck.

Reactions: 1 user
I would say you got a good price for a new set with the titanium frames. Personally, I started with the EyeMag Pro 3.5 x 400 with a Lumadent light. They gave me great clarity, depth of field and field of vision to handle general dental procedures. The only complaint I have heard expressed is the weight. When your are ready (and you will) to increase magnification try before you buy. There are a few excellent brands and configurations beside Zeiss that may fulfill your needs. If you are intent on sticking with Zeiss for the higher magnifications consider the pro F headband to better distribute the weight and save some long term effects on your neck.

Thank you so much for your info!
Me height is 186cm(6.1feet)
So I made a choice with 550mm working distance after trying several distances.(It fits for me)

If I were to upgrade to higher magnification, is it okay to have shorter working distance? Zeiss provides shorter working distance with heigher magnification. 5X magnification provides 300mm only . So i have to bend my back even with loupes.
Do many practitioners trade off magnification and back posture in clinics??

Reactions: 1 user