Eyemag smart Loupes right price??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

qwertydentist

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I purchased carl zeiss Eyemag smart 2.5X 500mm.(titanium frame)

It cost 1200$ (USD)
I bought new one not used loupes

Is it reasonable price for this model?

And plus
I am planning for higher magnification power for endo work in the future (zeiss always)
What do you recommend among 4X(500mm) , 3.5X(500mm) , 4.3X(400mm) and 5X(300mm)?
 
I would say you got a good price for a new set with the titanium frames. Personally, I started with the EyeMag Pro 3.5 x 400 with a Lumadent light. They gave me great clarity, depth of field and field of vision to handle general dental procedures. The only complaint I have heard expressed is the weight. When your are ready (and you will) to increase magnification try before you buy. There are a few excellent brands and configurations beside Zeiss that may fulfill your needs. If you are intent on sticking with Zeiss for the higher magnifications consider the pro F headband to better distribute the weight and save some long term effects on your neck.
 
I would say you got a good price for a new set with the titanium frames. Personally, I started with the EyeMag Pro 3.5 x 400 with a Lumadent light. They gave me great clarity, depth of field and field of vision to handle general dental procedures. The only complaint I have heard expressed is the weight. When your are ready (and you will) to increase magnification try before you buy. There are a few excellent brands and configurations beside Zeiss that may fulfill your needs. If you are intent on sticking with Zeiss for the higher magnifications consider the pro F headband to better distribute the weight and save some long term effects on your neck.


Thank you so much for your info!
Me height is 186cm(6.1feet)
So I made a choice with 550mm working distance after trying several distances.(It fits for me)

If I were to upgrade to higher magnification, is it okay to have shorter working distance? Zeiss provides shorter working distance with heigher magnification. 5X magnification provides 300mm only . So i have to bend my back even with loupes.
Do many practitioners trade off magnification and back posture in clinics??