F on transcript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atr7777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm a new member on sdn and need your help with this. I am a junior and started doing running start last quarter. It was my first time registering for classes, and did not know I was registered for a math class and never went and ended up getting an F. If I talk to the dean about my situation do you think they will remove it? When I apply to dental schools it's definitely going to look bad.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I have 4 F's on my transcript for my first year in college, dont worry!

Hey guys, I'm a new member on sdn and need your help with this. I am a junior and started doing running start last quarter. It was my first time registering for classes, and did not know I was registered for a math class and never went and ended up getting an F. If I talk to the dean about my situation do you think they will remove it? When I apply to dental schools it's definitely going to look bad.

Thanks for your help!

It's all good!!! I have one too!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
That happened to me. I actuall left the country for a few years came back and found out when it showed up on my transcript from my current university. I called the school talked with the professor. They could not take it off the transcript but just put that something like No grade. It made it so it does not affect my gpa even on the aadsas form. I would give it a shot!

If you can get rid of it great... I got one though, still got 5 interviews and wasn't asked about it at Pitt. As long as the rest of your app looks good it's fine.

I have 4 interviews so far and as you can see from my sig, I had my fair share of bad grades. UoP actually saw it as a strength at my interview that I could bounce back from that crap so as long as you can show you put it behind you, you'll be fine.

I have 4 interviews so far and as you can see from my sig, I had my fair share of bad grades. UoP actually saw it as a strength at my interview that I could bounce back from that crap so as long as you can show you put it behind you, you'll be fine.

Hey i have the same strengths, they need to interview me also lol

P.s.- Im still jealous ;)

I am the shining example of a nontraditional applicant. 2 F's, 8C's, 10 W's, all in my first few years of college. I picked up the pace after that. I am a community college graduate, getting my BS in Bio at FSU now. I rocked the DAT (21AA 22TS 20PA) and have 7 interviews.

Bottom line is don't sweat the small stuff. I think having some hiccups along the way and pushing through regardless shows DS's that tyou are committed to this!!

Study your ass off for the DAT and make sure the later grades are good and you'll be fine!!!:):)

I am the shining example of a nontraditional applicant. 2 F's, 8C's, 10 W's, all in my first few years of college. I picked up the pace after that. I am a community college graduate, getting my BS in Bio at FSU now. I rocked the DAT (21AA 22TS 20PA) and have 7 interviews.

Bottom line is don't sweat the small stuff. I think having some hiccups along the way and pushing through regardless shows DS's that tyou are committed to this!!

Study your ass off for the DAT and make sure the later grades are good and you'll be fine!!!:):)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

WELL SAID!! That's the spirit!! :D