FA, UWx2, KapQbankx1, 9 weeks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fastboyslim

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it doable?

Five weeks to get through First Aid and all of UW Qbank once.

Next two weeks to get through the "high-yield" subset of the Kaplan QBank. This is about 1500-1600 questions out of the 2200 total or whatever.

Last two weeks to jam through the entire UW Qbank a second time.

Members don't see this ad.

Is it doable?

Next two weeks to get through the "high-yield" subset of the Kaplan QBank. This is about 1500-1600 questions out of the 2200 total or whatever.

Yes, it is doable. What are you trying to achieve in terms of your score in step1?

I'm not an expert and haven't taken it yet, but it seems like 5 weeks for one pass of FA and Uworld is alot. There are people at my school who said there total study time was 3 weeks (crazy, I know), and they probably did 1 pass of U world plus general review in that time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it doable?

sounds more than doable to me, u could prob get thru FA 2.5x in that time at least

I was able to do 2 passes through FA and 1.25 passes through World in 5 weeks. Honestly, repeat passes through World have limited returns. You're more likely to remember the question than the concept. Fresh material is always better. Each NBME is 200 new questions, so do as many of those as you need (spaced out of course).

9 weeks is absolute overkill for Step 1 study unless you didn't learn a thing during your first two years of med school. And 9 weeks probably won't change a 230 to a 240...you will hit a plateau.