Factor V Leiden and pregnancy

Started by neilc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

neilc

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the standard of care when a women with Factor V Leiden wants to get pregnant? I know coumadin is out, so she has to get off that...then is it heparin injections? does it depend on hetero vs homozygous status? Just curious, as I have a sister in law that has the Dx, and I know that she and my brother are considering children. I am wondering what the latest info is, and if you have references that would be great too.

Thanks!
 
thanks diane! now, is that also the plan when they decide to concieve? i would assume that it is the same...but, what do i know?


thanks again!