FAFSA Pin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bkflaneur

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did it take long for others to receive their PIN number from the Dept. of Education to electronically sign the FAFSA? I applied last week, haven't received anything, and am impatient to submit. Did your PIN come by snail mail or email? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

bkflaneur said:
Did it take long for others to receive their PIN number from the Dept. of Education to electronically sign the FAFSA? I applied last week, haven't received anything, and am impatient to submit. Did your PIN come by snail mail or email? Thanks.

Mine came in through snail mail

bkflaneur said:

Got mine by e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got mine by email, it took maybe 3-4 days.. if that. You can go on the website and check the status of your pin. That way you can at least know if it was emailed or snail mailed.

it should take only 3 to 5 days. it's possible that your email account blocked the email for some reason. go to the pin site, and click on check your pin status. you can then ask to have it sent to you electronically if it's already been assigned. check your junk mail to make sure it's not there.

Thanks for the pointers. I think I got it figured out.