1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

FAFSA

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Blue Tooth, Feb 11, 2002.

1. Blue Tooth

Blue Tooth Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

So I've noticed that some people have filled out their FAFSA's already and other's are starting to. I'm hoping that my finaid packet will come this week like I was told so I can complete it. But here's my question. My taxes are in the process of being filed and I'm wondering if I should wait until I get them back before submitting the FAFSA. My main concern is that if I use last years info, everything will be very off anyways because of the different amounts of money that I made. Any ideas about if I should go ahead and submit it or just wait?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I suggest filing it online ASAP regardless of whether or not you got a financial aid package. I think the deadline is Feb 28 and some schools I applied to have the 15th as the dealine. As far as not filing your taxes, they give you the following options: have already completed, will file - have not completed, not going to file. If you chose "will file - have not completed" it pulls up an estimator and you can estimate all of the tax info.

4. MsPurtell

MsPurtell Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    How do I figure out what the deadline is for UConn? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Thanks, Margaret

5. Regina330

Regina330 Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

If I were you, I would call the financial aid office and ask. But you can't go wrong with filing it early.