FAFSA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blue Tooth

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've noticed that some people have filled out their FAFSA's already and other's are starting to. I'm hoping that my finaid packet will come this week like I was told so I can complete it. But here's my question. My taxes are in the process of being filed and I'm wondering if I should wait until I get them back before submitting the FAFSA. My main concern is that if I use last years info, everything will be very off anyways because of the different amounts of money that I made. Any ideas about if I should go ahead and submit it or just wait?

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest filing it online ASAP regardless of whether or not you got a financial aid package. I think the deadline is Feb 28 and some schools I applied to have the 15th as the dealine. As far as not filing your taxes, they give you the following options: have already completed, will file - have not completed, not going to file. If you chose "will file - have not completed" it pulls up an estimator and you can estimate all of the tax info.

How do I figure out what the deadline is for UConn? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Thanks, Margaret

If I were you, I would call the financial aid office and ask. But you can't go wrong with filing it early.