• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

mmasurf

10+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2006
Status (Visible)
we all have to do it, has anyone done it? when is a good time to send it i noticed you have to wait for your parents to file for taxes too :(

darius99

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 31, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
do it now, u can update when u get this year's info

dwyntta

10+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2006
Status (Visible)
Does anyone know if it is necessary to put in our parents' information? In other words, would we be better off leaving their information out?

About the Ads

Snahster

10+ Year Member
Nov 9, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
Does anyone know if it is necessary to put in out parents' information? In other words, would we be better off leaving their information out?

You don't need it. Since you are going to be working on a post-graduate degree you are considered an independent. Some schools have you fill out parent info to be considered for full funding (meaning extra scholariships etc.) but if your parents make too much ur not gonna get any of that stuff. Usually that is a separate application for your parents from the school anyway. You should contact the financial aid office of the school you are going to. FAFSA is due March 1st so you better get it done soon before you end up not getting any loans for D school.

DentalDevil

10+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2006
NC
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
When you get done with the fafsa, it tells you what your expected family contribution is. Did anyone else have a unreasonably high expected contribution? :eek:
Does anyone know if they take into account your current income? It's not like I'm going to be making any money once I start classes...

Cymbidium

Awesome.
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2006
SoCal
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
When you get done with the fafsa, it tells you what your expected family contribution is. Did anyone else have a unreasonably high expected contribution? :eek:
Does anyone know if they take into account your current income? It's not like I'm going to be making any money once I start classes...

Mine was pretty reasonable - 5K/year.

OP - I completed my fafsa 2 weeks ago - it only takes about 20 minutes.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.