fail in nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mk264

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am indian dentist .
i have green card
i appered for nbde 1
when i was doing intrenship in india i appered twice but failed due to lack of time
third attempt i prepared for 3 months i diid decks kalplan past papers etc but i got only 74
now i have to wait for one year so what should i do?
either i go back to india and work with dentist or i should work as dental assistance in us
anyone can help me?
wht is 2010 new format of nbde1 pass or fail
can anyone give guidelinefor it?

Members don't see this ad.

i am indian dentist .
i have green card
i appered for nbde 1
when i was doing intrenship in india i appered twice but failed due to lack of time
third attempt i prepared for 3 months i diid decks kalplan past papers etc but i got only 74
now i have to wait for one year so what should i do?
either i go back to india and work with dentist or i should work as dental assistance in us
anyone can help me?
wht is 2010 new format of nbde1 pass or fail
can anyone give guidelinefor it?

You can't take the exam in 2009? Are you sure? As far as I know u can take the NBDE twice in a calender year.

You can't take the exam in 2009? Are you sure? As far as I know u can take the NBDE twice in a calender year.
No, you can take the exam thrice in a calendar year but there should be a gap of 3 months between attempts. But your case is a little different since you have 3 failed attempts.
Following is the quote from ADA's website:

"You must wait 90 days between examination attempts. National Board candidates who have failed NBDE Part I three times must wait 12 months before retesting. Please refer to the [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Candidate Guide .for specific details. Beginning January 2010, a candidate who has received a passing score may not retest unless he or she provides evidence that he or she must retest for purposes of licensure. "
Please perform a search on this forum to get info on the NBDE Pass/Fail stuff.

Last edited: