1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice

fail in nbde part 1

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by mk264, Dec 15, 2008.

1. mk264

Dentist
    i am indian dentist .
    i have green card
    i appered for nbde 1
    when i was doing intrenship in india i appered twice but failed due to lack of time
    third attempt i prepared for 3 months i diid decks kalplan past papers etc but i got only 74
    now i have to wait for one year so what should i do?
    either i go back to india and work with dentist or i should work as dental assistance in us
    anyone can help me?
    wht is 2010 new format of nbde1 pass or fail
    can anyone give guidelinefor it?

2. La fea

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You can't take the exam in 2009? Are you sure? As far as I know u can take the NBDE twice in a calender year.

3. skabbaraju

skabbaraju Unbound Imagination
    Dentist 7+ Year Member

Dentist
    No, you can take the exam thrice in a calendar year but there should be a gap of 3 months between attempts. But your case is a little different since you have 3 failed attempts.
    Following is the quote from ADA's website:

"You must wait 90 days between examination attempts. National Board candidates who have failed NBDE Part I three times must wait 12 months before retesting. Please refer to the [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Candidate Guide .for specific details. Beginning January 2010, a candidate who has received a passing score may not retest unless he or she provides evidence that he or she must retest for purposes of licensure. "
    Please perform a search on this forum to get info on the NBDE Pass/Fail stuff.

#3 skabbaraju, Dec 16, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2008