Fail NAPLEX, but pass MPJE and still get licensed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rx2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
"An applicant who passes NAPLEX but fails the Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam is required to repeat only the Jurisprudence exam. If an applicant passes the Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam but fails NAPLEX, the applicant may use the passing grade on the Jurisprudence examination for licensure purposes for a period of two years from the date of passing the exam."

Is this true? Has anyone even been in this situation and used their MPJE score to get licensed?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
"An applicant who passes NAPLEX but fails the Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam is required to repeat only the Jurisprudence exam. If an applicant passes the Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam but fails NAPLEX, the applicant may use the passing grade on the Jurisprudence examination for licensure purposes for a period of two years from the date of passing the exam."

Is this true? Has anyone even been in this situation and used their MPJE score to get licensed?

Where is this sourced from? I have never seen this.

Where is this sourced from? I have never seen this.

From the TSBP website. I attached the PDF from their site. It's on the first page 3rd paragraph under Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam. It says it was last revised May 09...

Attachments

• Candidates Guide_11_2008.pdf
    55.7 KB · Views: 582
From the TSBP website. I attached the PDF from their site. It's on the first page 3rd paragraph under Texas Pharmacy Jurisprudence Exam. It says it was last revised May 09...

Interesting stuff... Just checked out Florida's law again - no such excerpt there. Perhaps email the board to find out more. I wonder how many other states have this as well?

Members don't see this ad :)

I interpret this as your MPJE score is valid for 2 years while you study and retake the NAPLEX. If you don't pass the NAPLEX within that time, you'll have to retake the MPJE also.

I interpret this as your MPJE score is valid for 2 years while you study and retake the NAPLEX. If you don't pass the NAPLEX within that time, you'll have to retake the MPJE also.

I also have the same interpretation as ucrx.

After taking the time to read the passage... The OP is definitely misinterpreting the passage.

To be licensed... You must pass both tests. There is a time limit imposed to be licensed. It states that a passing MPJE score may be used for licensing for up to two years (meaning the requirement of passing the MPJE for licensure). I would imagine that if you have not licensed within those two years (read passed NAPLEX), you would likely be forced to retake the MPJE.

That is clear that your MPJE is valid for two years after you pass it. So, you can retake NAPLEX with in these two years with out retake MPJE to be licensed.