Failed FL MPJE with 73, advice.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmerIsMe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I failed the FL MPJE with a 73, devastated. But here I am, ready to fight back. Studied for a month every day at least for 3 or 4 hours. Read Florida statutes, read once the pharmacy manual, also reviewed info in the DEA website. Did index cards with major concepts, used Seamon's package and studied it really well. Also, I purchased pharmacyexam.com for Florida, it was helpful in a way that it had K-type questions just like in the test, but it was not enough. I know I am weak at taking standardized test because usually tend to run out of time. In this MPJE that I took, I rushed like 20 questions at the end. The questions are difficult because are sort of situational and all the material that I have reviewed so far is just factual. Also, I do not have any idea where they get those questions from.

I think, a good approach would be to find resources that allows me to practice relevant questions.

I really appreciate any input, strategies, comments, emails. Thanks. God Bless you all.

Members don't see this ad.

Just wanted to pop in and say I feel your pain as I just failed the IL MPJE with the exact same score, and also used pharmacyexam.com. Maybe people should stay away from there. Anyway, I wish you the best of luck for the next time. All we can do is try again and we'll laugh about this in a year or two. But if you find a better site for MPJE resources, post here and let us know.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I just took Maryland Mpje and felt horrible. Don't know if I pass or not. I heard prempje.com is good for practice. Hope it helps and best of luck next time!

So I failed the FL MPJE with a 73, devastated. But here I am, ready to fight back. Studied for a month every day at least for 3 or 4 hours. Read Florida statutes, read once the pharmacy manual, also reviewed info in the DEA website. Did index cards with major concepts, used Seamon's package and studied it really well. Also, I purchased pharmacyexam.com for Florida, it was helpful in a way that it had K-type questions just like in the test, but it was not enough. I know I am weak at taking standardized test because usually tend to run out of time. In this MPJE that I took, I rushed like 20 questions at the end. The questions are difficult because are sort of situational and all the material that I have reviewed so far is just factual. Also, I do not have any idea where they get those questions from.

I think, a good approach would be to find resources that allows me to practice relevant questions.

I really appreciate any input, strategies, comments, emails. Thanks. God Bless you all.
You want real serious advice? DO NOT PRACTICE IN FLORIDA!!! it is beyond saturated, and SOUTH florida in particular is an awful place to live/work. If you go retail, expect to be fired or quit within 1-3 years, IF you can get a position. I've lived in FL 20 years, been Rph. here 4 years licensed and recently quit my job, now preparing for colorado MPJE and a fast departure. I'm not saying the grass is greener on the other side, but FL has roughly 6-9 pharm schools and churns out 4000 grads a year and growing.....(remember satellite campuses). So, Florida's grass is BROWN!! sorry to be a downer....

Members don't see this ad :)
You want real serious advice? DO NOT PRACTICE IN FLORIDA!!! it is beyond saturated, and SOUTH florida in particular is an awful place to live/work. If you go retail, expect to be fired or quit within 1-3 years, IF you can get a position. I've lived in FL 20 years, been Rph. here 4 years licensed and recently quit my job, now preparing for colorado MPJE and a fast departure. I'm not saying the grass is greener on the other side, but FL has roughly 6-9 pharm schools and churns out 4000 grads a year and growing.....(remember satellite campuses). So, Florida's grass is BROWN!! sorry to be a downer....

The good news, I passed the FL MPJE recently! so happy after failing, I used the strauss review which is a printed book that costs like 165 dollars, also re read the statutes as well as some of the laws in the FDA website. I believe the board treated me much better this time with the questions I got. The first test was way harder and the questions were so vague. In round two, questions made more sense. I did not improve much from previous score but it was enough for passing. I wonder if people ever get scores above 90. It seems like only a lawyer with a million years of experience would tackle such high marks.

I would recommend studying everyday the main concepts and try to think how that concept might be presented/morphed in a question. Those k-type questions are hard definitely, but making sure you know by heart the law, it can help you eliminate choices.

Hi sozetone, how are you.

Even though I passed the MPJE, I still have to take the new NAPLEX because I failed really bad my first time. I am preparing for it using passnaplexnow and Rxprep. I am not sure when to take it. So scared, so many questions. Sometimes I even cry because I am so nervous about it. In addition, your statement "DO NOT PRACTICE IN FLORIDA", scares me a lot.

I have actually spoke with my husband about moving out because here in Florida it seems harder to get a job. I do not have job offers yet, but I am positive and believe that there has to be something for me out there once I get licensed. I refuse to believe that such a wonderful profession as pharmacy will not have venues to offer to its professionals. I speak Creole fairly well and know a little bit of Spanish, maybe I can find a spot somewhere?. Maybe I am wrong, but the pharmacy profession might diversify and we are going to have jobs and live happy with our families for ever? Too idealistic?... I mean, if everything fails, I can resort back to be a mechanic, yes, I am a girl that knows how to fix cars (some brands) learned from my father (RIP), he used to have a car shop. At least that is sort of unique in a way, and might help the husband pay the bills. I am seriously terrified of having any kids and not being able to provide...

Hope God has a good plan for all of us, sozetone thanks for the realistic comment.

When are you presenting the Colorado MPJE? how is the job market up there?

Last edited:
Hi, were you able to get Dr. Brickenden's notes? Would you please share.

No I am sorry I did not receive Dr. Brickenden's notes @ScorpionPh, but I hope this can help you and others its just a summary, plus you have to really know everything about the law I recently used it along with other supplemental materials and I passed the FL MPJE with flying colors. But remember what you do in practice may be completely different from the real Law. Company policies may be quite different from the pharmacy law.

Attachments

• FL law review.pdf
    943.6 KB · Views: 405
No I am sorry I did not receive Dr. Brickenden's notes @ScorpionPh, but I hope this can help you and others its just a summary, plus you have to really know everything about the law I recently used it along with other supplemental materials and I passed the FL MPJE with flying colors. But remember what you do in practice may be completely different from the real Law. Company policies may be quite different from the pharmacy law.
Thank you very much for your help and advice! I really appreciate it!

D