Thepharmstudent111

2+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2018
I failed the Florida MPJE with an 62. This was my first attempt. I feel heartbroken because I was not expecting a score to be this low. I studied dr seamons notes, fl mpje law review course, exammaster, prempje questions, and pharmacyexams. I also read some notes based on the comptency for the exam. I also made an 76 on prempje from nabp. I felt like I had a good amount correct, maybe atleast 40 questoins and did not make it. I passed the naplex already and I just have this one left. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Feb 8, 2020
Status
  1. Pharmacy Student
I am a new grad and I just took it and passed on the first time. I thought it was ridiculous. I moved from out of state and studied for it for 2 weeks. I bought a book titled “The Ultimate Florida MPJE Review Guide 2020,” which I thought was pretty good. You definitely cannot use that alone, but it provides references for each topic discussed and then I read the entire FL rule/law referenced from the book after reading the book summary. I read all the statutes and administrative codes referenced on the Florida Board of Pharmacy’s website in the ‘resources’ section, in which a lot of them were referenced in the book I bought, but not all. I read all the “FAQ’s” on the ‘Take Control of Controlled Substances’ Page no matter who/what the FAQ was referencing. I read through each section that I thought was important 3 times; 1st time in its entirety, second time took notes of what I deemed most important, 3rd time just reviewed my notes. Caveat to that being if I felt like I grasped a section after the first or second time I moved on and focused on the more obscure or difficult to understand sections. I felt prepared going in but walked out like most not feeling confident at all. I hope this helps and you got this.

Thepharmstudent111

2+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2018
Thanks. Yea I am hoping I pass on my second try. I studied with seamons notes, UF law review powerpoints, exammaster, prempje and pharmacyexams for 3 months and didn’t pass. I didn’t read the statutes that much like I should have. But the ultimate fl mpje book is what I am using my second attempt and it’s definitely clarifying some stuff I had quesrions about. Using that with the other guides and I’m guessing the statues if I have any issues. I also looked back and made simple mistakes, like I should have put adulteration instead of misbranding, you use a new dea form 222 if you made an error on it from before, most of the labeling quesrions I know I got wrong and had a lot of those which were points lost, brand medically necessary quesrion wrong, controlled substance kept for 2 years but I put 4, you keep meds 4 years from the last fill so I put something else, Poa is not suppose to destroy controlled meds and I put that on accident, and I had an quesrion asked twice so I must have put the wrong answer. I’d say that is what brought my score down apparently. Also the exam is more situational.
I am a new grad and I just took it and passed on the first time. I thought it was ridiculous. I moved from out of state and studied for it for 2 weeks. I bought a book titled “The Ultimate Florida MPJE Review Guide 2020,” which I thought was pretty good. You definitely cannot use that alone, but it provides references for each topic discussed and then I read the entire FL rule/law referenced from the book after reading the book summary. I read all the statutes and administrative codes referenced on the Florida Board of Pharmacy’s website in the ‘resources’ section, in which a lot of them were referenced in the book I bought, but not all. I read all the “FAQ’s” on the ‘Take Control of Controlled Substances’ Page no matter who/what the FAQ was referencing. I read through each section that I thought was important 3 times; 1st time in its entirety, second time took notes of what I deemed most important, 3rd time just reviewed my notes. Caveat to that being if I felt like I grasped a section after the first or second time I moved on and focused on the more obscure or difficult to understand sections. I felt prepared going in but walked out like most not feeling confident at all. I hope this helps and you got this.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads