Failed Florida MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Thepharmstudent111

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I failed the Florida MPJE with an 62. This was my first attempt. I feel heartbroken because I was not expecting a score to be this low. I studied dr seamons notes, fl mpje law review course, exammaster, prempje questions, and pharmacyexams. I also read some notes based on the comptency for the exam. I also made an 76 on prempje from nabp. I felt like I had a good amount correct, maybe atleast 40 questoins and did not make it. I passed the naplex already and I just have this one left. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I am a new grad and I just took it and passed on the first time. I thought it was ridiculous. I moved from out of state and studied for it for 2 weeks. I bought a book titled “The Ultimate Florida MPJE Review Guide 2020,” which I thought was pretty good. You definitely cannot use that alone, but it provides references for each topic discussed and then I read the entire FL rule/law referenced from the book after reading the book summary. I read all the statutes and administrative codes referenced on the Florida Board of Pharmacy’s website in the ‘resources’ section, in which a lot of them were referenced in the book I bought, but not all. I read all the “FAQ’s” on the ‘Take Control of Controlled Substances’ Page no matter who/what the FAQ was referencing. I read through each section that I thought was important 3 times; 1st time in its entirety, second time took notes of what I deemed most important, 3rd time just reviewed my notes. Caveat to that being if I felt like I grasped a section after the first or second time I moved on and focused on the more obscure or difficult to understand sections. I felt prepared going in but walked out like most not feeling confident at all. I hope this helps and you got this.

Thanks. Yea I am hoping I pass on my second try. I studied with seamons notes, UF law review powerpoints, exammaster, prempje and pharmacyexams for 3 months and didn’t pass. I didn’t read the statutes that much like I should have. But the ultimate fl mpje book is what I am using my second attempt and it’s definitely clarifying some stuff I had quesrions about. Using that with the other guides and I’m guessing the statues if I have any issues. I also looked back and made simple mistakes, like I should have put adulteration instead of misbranding, you use a new dea form 222 if you made an error on it from before, most of the labeling quesrions I know I got wrong and had a lot of those which were points lost, brand medically necessary quesrion wrong, controlled substance kept for 2 years but I put 4, you keep meds 4 years from the last fill so I put something else, Poa is not suppose to destroy controlled meds and I put that on accident, and I had an quesrion asked twice so I must have put the wrong answer. I’d say that is what brought my score down apparently. Also the exam is more situational.
I am a new grad and I just took it and passed on the first time. I thought it was ridiculous. I moved from out of state and studied for it for 2 weeks. I bought a book titled “The Ultimate Florida MPJE Review Guide 2020,” which I thought was pretty good. You definitely cannot use that alone, but it provides references for each topic discussed and then I read the entire FL rule/law referenced from the book after reading the book summary. I read all the statutes and administrative codes referenced on the Florida Board of Pharmacy’s website in the ‘resources’ section, in which a lot of them were referenced in the book I bought, but not all. I read all the “FAQ’s” on the ‘Take Control of Controlled Substances’ Page no matter who/what the FAQ was referencing. I read through each section that I thought was important 3 times; 1st time in its entirety, second time took notes of what I deemed most important, 3rd time just reviewed my notes. Caveat to that being if I felt like I grasped a section after the first or second time I moved on and focused on the more obscure or difficult to understand sections. I felt prepared going in but walked out like most not feeling confident at all. I hope this helps and you got this.