Failed naplex 3 times already

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GracedbyGod

Reaction score
Does any know a good source to naplex crash course or a good tutoring program?
Also anyone willing to sell/rent their PNN or RxPrep 2020 books?
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your situation. Please take care of your mental health. Suicidal feelings and depression are extremely concerning and warrant medical attention.

I think you should assess what your weaknesses are. From what I remember, which was like a decade ago, you should get extremely good at pharmacy calculations. Those are must know and easier to study. Practice doing calculations. Those need to be easy for you.

You need do as much practice as possible, back in the day, APhA put out a review book. Get that. There are index card reviews that were available, get those. Failing 3 means means that there are major gaps in your knowledge, need to identify them; whether it's Diabetes, HTN, etc. Buy practice exams from NAPLEX and RX PREP, etc, to do as many as your can find.

There are many posts from people who failed NAPLEX on this board, such a search engine to find them. You're not the only one, and it happens; unfortunately.

But, please please work on your mental health.

Last edited:
Definitely seek help and don't be so hard on yourself. Many people are in your same boat.

Hit the calculations hard, this thread and practice will help.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely seek help and don't be so hard on yourself. Many people are in your same boat.

Hit the calculations hard, this thread and practice will help.
Thank you.
I’ve done almost all calculations problems I came across. Including the file posted above. I’ll keep doing them and I’ll fine more to do. Thank you again

Sorry to hear about your situation. Please take care of your mental health. Suicidal feelings and depression are extremely concerning and warrant medical attention.

I think you should assess what your weaknesses are. From what I remember, which was like a decade ago, you should get extremely good at pharmacy calculations. Those are must know and easier to study. Practice doing calculations. Those need to be easy for you.

You need do as much practice as possible, back in the day, APhA put out a review book. Get that. There are index card reviews that were available, get those. Failing 3 means means that there are major gaps in your knowledge, need to identify them; whether it's Diabetes, HTN, etc. Buy practice exams from NAPLEX and RX PREP, etc, to do as many as your can find.

There are many posts from people who failed NAPLEX on this board, such a search engine to find them. You're not the only one, and it happens; unfortunately.

But, please please work on your mental health.
Thank you so much

you must be doing pooly in the math section, or didn't memorize the key drug/gal

by doing math, don't look @ the solutions right away try to figure it out on your own

Your school has 100% failed you. Either your school accepted you and took your tuition money, when it was obviously you did not have the skills need to be a pharmacist.....or they took your tuition money and didn't teach you anything that they should have. PLEASE, put down the name of your school here, you may not be able to do much at this point to help yourself, but you can help others by warning them about this school that took your tuition, and then left you with mounds of debt.

With very few exception (like extreme illness the day of the exam), there is no reason why any pharmacy graduate that was properly taught by a pharmacy school, shouldn't pass the NAPLEX on the first try, and with just a modicum of review. The fact that you have failed 3 times is evidence that your school has failed you.

If your situation is the first situation, where you don't have the skills required to be a pharmacist, there really isn't much you can do at this point. :( Find a career that you are more skilled for.

If your situation is the second situation, then you will have to go back to the beginning and teach yourself the 4 years of knowledge that your school neglected to teach you. Get out all your old textbooks, and read them from cover to cover, working hard to absorb the material in them. Then after that, start doing review/test prep material. Do not take the exam again until you are scoring very high on the review tests, like 90% or better (not just barely passing if that.)

As others have mentioned, there is a maximum of 5 attempts on the NAPLEX. Make sure you do not take it again, until you are 100% sure you will pass.

Reactions: 2 users
Your school has 100% failed you. Either your school accepted you and took your tuition money, when it was obviously you did not have the skills need to be a pharmacist.....or they took your tuition money and didn't teach you anything that they should have. PLEASE, put down the name of your school here, you may not be able to do much at this point to help yourself, but you can help others by warning them about this school that took your tuition, and then left you with mounds of debt.

With very few exception (like extreme illness the day of the exam), there is no reason why any pharmacy graduate that was properly taught by a pharmacy school, shouldn't pass the NAPLEX on the first try, and with just a modicum of review. The fact that you have failed 3 times is evidence that your school has failed you.

If your situation is the first situation, where you don't have the skills required to be a pharmacist, there really isn't much you can do at this point. :( Find a career that you are more skilled for.

If your situation is the second situation, then you will have to go back to the beginning and teach yourself the 4 years of knowledge that your school neglected to teach you. Get out all your old textbooks, and read them from cover to cover, working hard to absorb the material in them. Then after that, start doing review/test prep material. Do not take the exam again until you are scoring very high on the review tests, like 90% or better (not just barely passing if that.)

As others have mentioned, there is a maximum of 5 attempts on the NAPLEX. Make sure you do not take it again, until you are 100% sure you will pass.

Gotta agree here.

Thank you. Have a good day

Thank you. Have a good day

There have been many (many!) past threads on here similar to yours. And like you, very few people want to call out their school. Which is a shame. When I graduated, my school had a 96% pass rates, most pharmacy schools did have over a 90% pass rate. Many schools today have very low pass rates. The schools are to blame in those cases, not the students. It is well known that certain pharmacy schools are literally accepting anyone, even when its obvious these students will not be able to pass the NAPLEX. It is also well known that certain pharmacy schools are educationally poor, compared to other pharmacy schools, and hence their graduates must learn mostly on their own, in order to pass the NAPLEX.

Quit blaming yourself, accept that your school failed you, then figure out what is the best move you can do to go forward.

I agree with BidingMyTime 100%, your school has failed you. And it would be helpful towards other future students to know which school to avoid. I judge schools based on if 90% of their students pass the NAPLEX on their first try. My school had a 98-100% first attempt passing rate when I attended and I always recommend my school based on that and the success of my fellow classmates. It looks like you have a new account, so if you care for others, please share your school name.

I agree with BidingMyTime 100%, your school has failed you. And it would be helpful towards other future students to know which school to avoid. I judge schools based on if 90% of their students pass the NAPLEX on their first try. My school had a 98-100% first attempt passing rate when I attended and I always recommend my school based on that and the success of my fellow classmates. It looks like you have a new account, so if you care for others, please share your school name.
I apologize for asking for help. It’s not my school, because my school did good with the passing rate. I seriously apologize.
Thanks and I have a good day, stay safe.

I only used Rxprep and found it to be relatively interesting and provide the necessary information. Unless their material has gotten worse(unlikely) you need to keep reviewing it over and over. The test is different from when I took it in 2012 but the same principles should hold true.

Please I need major help. I failed naplex 3 times already and I honestly don’t know why. Some of the questions I had difficulties understanding, I checked them after the exam and it seemed like I only got about 2-3 of them wrong so I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’m so depressed and sad, suicidal feelings about this. I don’t know what to think or do. I used RxPrep, did question from exam masters and even did good on pre-Naplex tests. So I really don’t know what else I can do, Any good source for crash course? The worst thing is I have worked with other students to understand materials better, help with Calculations Etc. However, I can’t seem to help myself. This is extremely depressing. Please someone help me!
First of all, don't be discouraged. It happens. I can totally understand how it feels when your other classmates are posting that they have passed and you are still trying to get it done. There is no reason for having suicidal feelings. it's just the exam. You did entire pharmacy school. I am sure you can do it and you will do just fine in your next attempt. trust me you will. And this will be your life lesson as well. Failure doesn't mean anything. Don't quit. sometimes it takes more efforts. Naplex tests your math skills as well. Sometimes you know the answer but still in that exam pressure you click the wrong one or closet answer to the correct one. it happens and nothing to worry. It's just the test.
I am not a professor. But I can list out a few things. if you like!!
First , get your calculations really strong. you can not have more than one calculation wrong!! it's not hard and you can do it. It's a key to pass naplex. Google Pharmacy calculation by ansel and stocklosa. Buy a used book from amazon for $5. it will teach you from very basic. will cover the most part. Because in your first three attempts you may have used all calculations sums you had. So there is no point of trying same ones again and again. Practice calc 30 minutes every day and list out formulas and stuff you need to know. then 2 days before exam spend about 6-7 hours just to revise all those.
secondly, this time start from the chapters that you are really weak. I would not change the source. stick to rx prep. you will have to get used to another source if you buy it. that may take more time. Instead buy rx prep question bank and do it 2-3 times. Write down the point in the book it self from the question bank so you can revise every time you read the book.
Take a break for a few days. Relax. play games or do the stuff you enjoy. After a week get back to study. make a list of chapters you want to study per week on a calender. And stick to it. Don't sleep until u r done with your every day Goal. Revise as many times as you can. it's not hard. most of the Pharmacy stuff is just the memorization. You can do it by reading it again and again. I was used to read new stuff during morning and afternoon. And then I would revise the same stuff in the evening. And then next morning before I start I revise the stuff quickly again. I took BCPS last year and I did the same thing. I read for about 2 months. but I read same thing over and over again multiple times. So that way It makes me faster and I don't have to think much when I select the answer.
You have helped the other students which means your concepts are clear. You just need that luck. Next time when take the date- make sure you have burned all your resources multiple times. There should not be anything left. Focus on HIV brand generics, and inhalers for the same. they might be hard to remember.
You can do it!! you got this!! you will succeed!! say these three things to yourself everyday. Your day will come!!!
Wish you good luck. Please don't do anything stupid that you regret later in life. It's just the exam. You have to overcome bigger huddles in life. Everything happens for a reason in Life. May be God wants you to be mentally strong before you start working as a pharmacist. Don't loose hope. You will do great in your next attempt. !!

Reactions: 1 users
I wanted to thank everyone's responses in regards to OP's dilemma because that is what our community is here for in the first place.

However this thread has been reported by several users due to the comments about self-harm. SDN takes such statements seriously and we would like to remind the OP and all posters that SDN should not serve as a place to obtain counseling or other advice regarding significant psychological issues. Anyone who is contemplating harming themselves should immediately seek professional counseling advice, not rely on SDN or other non-professional resources.

Members who have serious concerns about their career and would like to post details more anonymously may do so in the Confidential Consult forum.

At this time, given the nature of the thread and the concerns expressed, the moderation staff of SDN will close this thread.

• Dislike
Status
Not open for further replies.