Failed Naplex.. Rxprep or Passnaplexnow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alnuaime

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just took Naplex last week and yesterday I found out that I failed, which I still cannot believe but I have to move on.

I'm a foreign Pharmacist Graduated 2011 so it has been a while, I studied for Naplex for 5 months about 3 hours a day, and I took last 3 weeks off work when I was doing about 9-10 hours a day.
I think I was kindda overwhelmed by the amount of the information I studied.

My main studying book was Rxprep without the videos or question bank.

My question is if I want to get the online course would you get Passnaplexnow or Rxprep course ?
and if you were me how would you study for the 2nd time ?
Please I need your advise even a one sentence comment will help.

Thank you in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

For the 2nd time, you need:
1. Great mental attitude. You have to be determined to pass the exam. You have to do whatever it takes to pass the exam. Do not compare you with others. It's you.

2. Develop a system and method to study "effectively". We need to fight short-term memory. I posted here: Passed New Naplex with 3 digits score

3. A strategy to take the exam on the exam day. See my topic above.

Thank you so much for your comment

You are right about comparing my self to others, I think this is the worst part before and after the exam !

I just checked out your post is really detailed and will help me a lot. I really appreciate it

I'm just thinking to take the MPJE now to take a break from NAPLEX and will start to study hard again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
@david05 Hey David I just have a question if you don't mind. When you studied for the second time did you go over Rxprep book again? or did you relay only on the notes and solving questions. And how long did you take to study for the 2nd ?
Your help is really appreciated.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just took Naplex last week and yesterday I found out that I failed, which I still cannot believe but I have to move on.

I'm a foreign Pharmacist Graduated 2011 so it has been a while, I studied for Naplex for 5 months about 3 hours a day, and I took last 3 weeks off work when I was doing about 9-10 hours a day.

My question is if I want to get the online course would you get Passnaplexnow or Rxprep course ?

Thank you in advance,
Sorry to hear this.

Since you already have the rxprep book, it might be cheaper to buy the question bank & videos.

Use the SDN 120 calculations to prepare for the NAPLEX math. It has an excellent track record thus far for being sufficient to do well on calculations. It is part of what I am currently using to prepare, besides pronto pass calculation.

I would go through the biostats videos from rxprep (they did an excellent job with it).

But I have also heard good things about passnaplexnow. Up to you.

Regardless of what study prep program you decide to get, a question bank is almost imperative. You need it to solidify or verify that your studying process/strategy is effective. Do as much practice questions as possible.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance,

I'm a foreign grad also. When I started as an intern, my clinical knowledge was very bad. I used the Rxprep book + videos + question bank.

The videos helped me improve on clinical knowledge. My consults got better too. The book may be huge and overwhelming, but the videos kind of help to point out the important things.

Question bank helps reinforce the concepts.

I was hesitant at first to purchase the whole course, but it was worth it.

Sorry to hear this.

Since you already have the rxprep book, it might be cheaper to buy the question bank & videos.

Use the SDN 120 calculations to prepare for the NAPLEX math. It has an excellent track record thus far for being sufficient to do well on calculations. It is part of what I am currently using to prepare, besides pronto pass calculation.

I would go through the biostats videos from rxprep (they did an excellent job with it).

But I have also heard good things about passnaplexnow. Up to you.

Regardless of what study prep program you decide to get, a question bank is almost imperative. You need it to solidify or verify that your studying process/strategy is effective. Do as much practice questions as possible.

Thank you for your comment.
Yes, I think you are right about Rxprep book, and I feel is hard for me to start all over using another book. So I will take this advance and get Rxprep videos.
I think I studies well the 1st time but did not practice enough, so this is a good point will try to practice as much as I can.

So if you watched Rxprep videos, do u think they are clear? Do they really explain the most important information in the book?

Thank you for your support

I'm a foreign grad also. When I started as an intern, my clinical knowledge was very bad. I used the Rxprep book + videos + question bank.

The videos helped me improve on clinical knowledge. My consults got better too. The book may be huge and overwhelming, but the videos kind of help to point out the important things.

Question bank helps reinforce the concepts.

I was hesitant at first to purchase the whole course, but it was worth it.

Thank you for your comment

Now I got more people encouraging to get Rxprep Videos.
This is a good plan to do, so I will go over the Videos and the book then work on the questions to help retain the information.

Thank you again,

All comments really helped to get over the failing feeling

Thank you for your comment

Now I got more people encouraging to get Rxprep Videos.
This is a good plan to do, so I will go over the Videos and the book then work on the questions to help retain the information.

Thank you again,

All comments really helped to get over the failing feeling
Since you already have the book, keep it open while watching the videos. Then make notes in the book.

Answer test questions everyday. Some people said they did the test bank 2 or 3 times. I did it probably 6 times for each. Because like I said, I didn't have good clinical knowledge.

The failing feeling is difficult and sad. But try as much to regain the confidence and concentrate on passing the exam. Your career isn't determined by how many times you took the test. What matters most is what you do after to make sure you pass. Good luck!

Since you already have the book, keep it open while watching the videos. Then make notes in the book.

Answer test questions everyday. Some people said they did the test bank 2 or 3 times. I did it probably 6 times for each. Because like I said, I didn't have good clinical knowledge.

The failing feeling is difficult and sad. But try as much to regain the confidence and concentrate on passing the exam. Your career isn't determined by how many times you took the test. What matters most is what you do after to make sure you pass. Good luck!

I feel this is the best plan to follow, it will help to retain the information for long time.
I will try to do the questions as many times as I can because this time I really want to pass !

It is not good feeling especially when u think that u have done your best.
I will just start working on it ASAP

Thank you for your advise and your positive attitude =)

So if you watched Rxprep videos, do u think they are clear? Do they really explain the most important information in the book?

Regardless that the only videos I am investing my time in are the biostats & compounding topics, some of my colleagues have found the videos to be helpful in general. Sometimes, they do mention one or two things that may not be in the book. Just like someone said above, it is more effective to follow along with the book in front of you.

The downside, especially for me, is that they are time-consuming. Might take about a month to go through all the videos, which I don't have. But if you can afford that time, or if you happen to be an auditory learner, it might be worth the time.

The more important thing is that you are reinforcing it all via going through the practice questions; understanding why an option may be right or wrong.

And I don't believe you've done your best yet. I believe you will pass it the next time around because you are just now deploying your best efforts.

Good luck, and pardon the late reply; first time logging on since my previous post.

Regardless that the only videos I am investing my time in are the biostats & compounding topics, some of my colleagues have found the videos to be helpful in general. Sometimes, they do mention one or two things that may not be in the book. Just like someone said above, it is more effective to follow along with the book in front of you.

The downside, especially for me, is that they are time-consuming. Might take about a month to go through all the videos, which I don't have. But if you can afford that time, or if you happen to be an auditory learner, it might be worth the time.

The more important thing is that you are reinforcing it all via going through the practice questions; understanding why an option may be right or wrong.

And I don't believe you've done your best yet. I believe you will pass it the next time around because you are just now deploying your best efforts.

Good luck, and pardon the late reply; first time logging on since my previous post.

ok, I understand what you are saying.
And you are totally right, I can tell in the exam that I did not practice enough.

now after I calmed down and after reading these comments I have it clear how I need to study and start.
your comments are really helpful thank you again

I m studying for my third attempt for Naplex.
I studied with Apha in the first one . I was 4 months pregnant and could barely sit in th first exam. Found out later I had gestational diabetes. Scored 35
Second attempt : invested in rx prep and Apha - studied 6 months and I was devastated to see the score stuck at 70
I have invested in Pass NAPLEX now online course. Those of you who have taken it do you think I need to reread rx prep and Apha as well or PassNaplexNow material is enough ?
Currently studying through PNN , 120 Sdn calculations and quiz book by both rx prep and PNN
Thanks

ok, I understand what you are saying.
And you are totally right, I can tell in the exam that I did not practice enough.

now after I calmed down and after reading these comments I have it clear how I need to study and start.
your comments are really helpful thank you again
All prays for you!!