Failed Naplex Twice. Passed on 3rd attempt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PharmDoc07

Reaction score
Hi All! I just want to share my experience with the Naplex and MPJE and hopefully shed some light and help fellow test takers. I am a bad test taker. I get nervous, blank out and often got headaches taking the long 6 hour exam. My first two Naplex scores were 73 and 70. Yes! I failed by a couple of points on both exams which was the most devastating part of it. My third exam, I made a 105! I made sure there was no room for error.

As for studying, I used ONE book which was RxPrep, and also had purchased the online videos and test banks. I went through the book about 3-4 times. As Naplex not only tests on the underlined information but really on anything! I took the rxprep practice exam and scored a 82 percent, and it states if you made less than 80, than to reschedule your exam.

The core topics:

HIV
Onco
Infectious Disease
Seizures
Sterile Compounding
Non Sterile Compounding
Hazardous Drugs
Biostatistics
Dyslipidemia
HTN
Math- mEq, milliosmoles, osmolality, CrCl calculation, IBW/Adj body weight, Corrected Calcium, Anion gap, metabolic acidosis vs alkalosis, e-value, isotonicity, flow rates, TPN, kcals, BSA, Onco calculations

Make sure you know your calculations 100 percent. I used Rxprep and test banks and also ordered the ProntoPass Math questions, which HELPED ME ALOT on the math portion. The math portion carries a lot of weight and I believe my high score of 105 was attributed on my math.

Other random topics tested:

Migraines
Anemia
Constipation/Diarrhea
Glaucoma
Pain calculations (conversions)
Stroke
CAD
Heart Failure
Cystic Fibrosis
ADHD
Depression
Bipolar/Mania

(The topics were pretty random, that's why I would study the whole book, instead of picking and choosing chapters).

I have the prontopass math cards if anyone would like to have them.

MPJE- passed on first try for CT and NJ, used Pharmacyexam.com, RPHbuddy, and prontopass. Also purchased Rxprep federal book and test banks for extra practice.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.