Step I failed USMLE step 1, take step 2

Started by PMR1
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PMR1

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As an osteopathic student, is it possible for me to take USMLE Step 2 if I did not pass USMLE Step 1?

Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the point?

I agree.

Why are you failing Step 1 in the first place? Why aren't you taking at least 2 of the NBMEs to see where you are *BEFORE* taking Step 1?

I'm going to pull my hair out (ok, maybe not) if I hear another DO student failing USMLE Step 1 b/c they didn't "know" about the NBME practice tests.

OP, if you've already failed Step 1, do NOT take USMLE Step 2. Focus on passing COMLEX-II and apply with only your COMLEX scores.

And pray that no PD asks you if you ever took the USMLE.
 
I agree.

Why are you failing Step 1 in the first place? Why aren't you taking at least 2 of the NBMEs to see where you are *BEFORE* taking Step 1?

I'm going to pull my hair out (ok, maybe not) if I hear another DO student failing USMLE Step 1 b/c they didn't "know" about the NBME practice tests.

OP, if you've already failed Step 1, do NOT take USMLE Step 2. Focus on passing COMLEX-II and apply with only your COMLEX scores.

And pray that no PD asks you if you ever took the USMLE.

I agree, If you arnt getting (at least) 200 on usmle practice test(NBME)-> Cancel it! Its not worth it. Really Ask yourself "whats the point?". If I fail, it looks real bad. I barely pass, then Im still not looked upon any better than if I only took comlex. So come on people, this is for your future. Do a good job or dont do it.