Failing exam?

ddddtd678

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking Introductory Biology as a college freshman and I failed my first exam which fortunately got curved to a C (I spent weeks studying too) and I have another exam coming which I know for sure that I'm going to fail since I spent literally no time studying for it. I feel like I just need reassurance that this isn't going to affect my chances of getting into med school.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm taking Introductory Biology as a college freshman and I failed my first exam which fortunately got curved to a C (I spent weeks studying too) and I have another exam coming which I know for sure that I'm going to fail since I spent literally no time studying for it. I feel like I just need reassurance that this isn't going to affect my chances of getting into med school.
Introductory biology is one of the most important classes for a pre-med student. Failing this course the first time around will deminish your chances by 50-80% of being accepted to any good medical school.

I'm just kidding. Medical schools aren't going to look at your biology score exams. However, what they will look at is your class grade and whether you passed it with flying colors or if you failed miserably.

While a C on an exam is never ideal, by no means is it the end of your pre-med career. You are a freshman taking intro biology for the first time, medical schools will only take note of this if you fail the course without retaking it. By no means does this allow you to slack off in your other biology exams as this C could affect your class grade which THEN will affect how medical schools view you.

As for improvement, I would suggest changing your study plans or make some adjustments to get a better understanding of the material learned. Make some new buddies and help each other out. Do whatever it takes(legally) to do better on the next exam. Good luck to you.

Sent from my LGUS997 using SDN mobile

Oh, come on! You still have everything ahead of you!
I suggest you make some changes. If you want to be a doctor concentrate your attention on the necessary subjects and learn them more diligently, pay less attention to others subjects, buy an essay or ask for help from others.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't study way ahead of time. You'll forget most of it and have to relearn it. Study A week or a few days before. Read notes instead of the textbook. Use youtube. Try to cutdown on time on what you're learning to you can cover a broad base.

Reactions: 1 users
Introductory biology is one of the most important classes for a pre-med student. Failing this course the first time around will deminish your chances by 50-80% of being accepted to any good medical school.

I'm just kidding. Medical schools aren't going to look at your biology score exams. However, what they will look at is your class grade and whether you passed it with flying colors or if you failed miserably.

While a C on an exam is never ideal, by no means is it the end of your pre-med career. You are a freshman taking intro biology for the first time, medical schools will only take note of this if you fail the course without retaking it. By no means does this allow you to slack off in your other biology exams as this C could affect your class grade which THEN will affect how medical schools view you.

As for improvement, I would suggest changing your study plans or make some adjustments to get a better understanding of the material learned. Make some new buddies and help each other out. Do whatever it takes(legally) to do better on the next exam. Good luck to you.

Sent from my LGUS997 using SDN mobile

Glad you had to specify "legally" haha :p

1. Relax and think deeply.
2. Winning is not tough, but it needs constant stuff.
3. Keep try with positive mode, you will surly be HAPPY!

Review it briefly every week to keep it fresh, but don't start panicking about it until 7-10 days before the exam.

EDIT: And no, don't stress too much: one (passing) exam in your freshman year of undergrad is not going to touch your chances of med school. Just don't make it a habit.

Your C on the exam will not sink you but you need to proactive now so it doesn't get worse. Review very briefly daily, just to find out what you understood and needed to ask questions about. Then, 2-7 days (adjust this as necessary and as time allows) start really studying. And GO TALK TO YOUR PROF ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS.