Failure/Feedback secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Strong Power. Thank You!

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm pre-writing secondaries rn and I've gotten stuck on the "describe a failure and how you grew from it? prompt. I'm thinking of going with a personal failure. I have a few options but I don't know which one shows failure without making me look completely incompetent. One prompt is about an issue I had in a friendship that we ended up resolving and the other was a mistake in a medical setting.

1. Being late frequently to meet my friend which led to a rift in our friendship. We ended up fixing it after she told me how it made her feel.
2. When I was still a new medical assistant, a family of 5 came in to get 4 kids checked. I thought I did everything right but when the provider entered the room, she found out I forgot to take weight and height on one of the children. I got lectured by the provider pretty loudly about how that could've led to incorrect medication prescriptions and never did it again.

Members don't see this ad.

Can you point out in each situation what the "failure" is? I mean, you repaired your friendship. You didn't lose your job when you failed to take vitals. I don't think either situation is high-stakes enough to warrant the description of "failure." But that's my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users