Fall Grades-fax a copy or Official Transcript?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gooseHC

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did better this semester than I have in any other...so i decided that the schools are getting my grades whether they like it or not...well actually I was going to call them but I want them to get them. Do you think it would be okay to fax them to them, or send a photocopy to them? Or send an official transcript? Obviously an official transcript would be best, but I feel that if I went through the registrar's office to do that, that by the time they got it, it would be too late. But if I faxed them or mailed them myself, they could get them immediately...
If anyone else is sending grades, how are you doing it?

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the school. Some schools I called preferred my grades to be faxed whereas others wanted them via snail mail. So, I would recommend you call the schools to see what they want you to do. I'm too lazy to find the thread, BUT there's a thread in the pre-allo about fall semester grades (it's probably 2-4 days old by now). I doubt you'd have any luck contacting schools right now though since most of them are "away" for the holidays. Anyways, hope this helped.

I would fax a copy with a cover letter saying that an official transcript is being sent by US mail. That way they will have the grades to use when reviewing the app, but will also get an official copy too.

Members don't see this ad :)
skelly,
that's a great idea. I didn't even think of that. That's the best of both worlds. They get a transcript quickly and get an official one as well.
Also, you're from Boston. It's great to see some Bostonians on this board...I haven't seen many on here!
thanks again

That's exactly what I did. I first mailed to each school a photocopy of the semester's results (which illustrated my performance, directly) and stated at the bottom that "official transcripts were forth coming".

I just stated, after mailing them unofficial transcripts, that official transcripts would be sent upon request. I did this though after i talked to the admissions office and they said they didnt really want more paperwork in terms of more official transcripts! (This was OSU).