FAMU College of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Only one week left for us bud.....fingers crossed now. TIme is almost out for us

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck to those still waiting to hear something!!

Called today, she said we'll def know by the 15th by snail mail. I guess the letters are shipping out late this week.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 days left... I hope they actually do reply

They could have just told us we would hear but not really?
I haven't gotten anything either and it's June 15.,. Guess its over for us

They could have just told us we would hear but not really?
I haven't gotten anything either and it's June 15.,. Guess its over for us
I don't think it's over. One of the students last year said she got her acceptance letter 2 weeks after the date posted, but they were trying to get in contact during the scheduled week. Maybe they are just a little behind. You still have to keep faith.

Let me see if I can clear things up a bit here. If you have your BA/BS degree you cannot get the pell grant. You are considered an undergraduate your p1 and p2 year, rather you have your degree or not. The law says that you can't get the pell grant once you received your first degree. So it doesn't matter if you was in the pharmacy program or if you went back to get another BA/BS degree, you will not be eligible for the pell grant. However, if you do not have a BA/BS degree you can still get the pell grant your first 2 years in the pharmacy program...

Please be careful with what you put down on your FAFSA. If you do not have a BA/BS or a higher degree, do not put that you are a graduate student. This may cause your refund to be late.

Those who have degrees and are independent can still apply for unsubsidized Stafford graduate loans and grad plus loans (I know it's weird because I said you are technically not a grad student).

Those who have their degrees and are dependents can apply for unsubsidized Stafford graduate loans and Parent Plus loans.

Those who do not have a degree and are not from Florida can get the pell grant, assuming you hadn't gone over your limit. You will have to apply for a private loan though because financial aid won't be enough to cover your tuition and living expenses.

So do we select 1st year graduate/professional or do we select an option like 3rd or 4th year based on how many credit hours we have taken? I'm still a little confused.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did u call?
I did call. They are basically weeding out students and waiting on summer grades. There is no definite date as to when we should hear something. So in other words, the wait continues. Don't give up!

I just called and she said they are still deciding and she said we will know something very soon:confused:

Man I hope this is all true for us 3!

Called before work today, NOTHING has been mailed out. So much for that June 15th date.

So do we select 1st year graduate/professional or do we select an option like 3rd or 4th year based on how many credit hours we have taken? I'm still a little confused.

if you have a bachelor's degree or over 120 hours you select 1st year grad/prof if you have less than that then you select whatever year based on hours

So we just wait?

thats how it is unfortunately for alot of stuff at famu

Anyone get anything?
Nothing this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we received a letter in August. This process is really teaching me to have patience. Maybe they are preparing us for pharmacy school.

hello,

I was wondering the same thing that you posted about....financial obligation. I am so lost and confused lol. Like i wanted to know my financial obligation in detail. I suppose that is all explained at orientation. I filled out my fafsa and it is proccessing but they say they would not know how much will be funded to me until fall and that the financial aid is a loan??? so lost i thought i had to file for a loan once i complete fafsa

hello,

I was wondering the same thing that you posted about....financial obligation. I am so lost and confused lol. Like i wanted to know my financial obligation in detail. I suppose that is all explained at orientation. I filled out my fafsa and it is proccessing but they say they would not know how much will be funded to me until fall and that the financial aid is a loan??? so lost i thought i had to file for a loan once i complete fafsa

I'm really frustrated. Friends that hot accepted to other schools got so much information about why their next steps should be. Idk if FAMU just works differently but all I got was my acceptance letter, which I responded to, and that was it. I'd like a letter that would tell me my next steps, financial obligations .... Cause no one can give me any info at the school... ridiculous! I'm just anxious and I wanna know what funds I need to have and by when...

Thank you. What site are you attending? And when do you plan to relocate?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

I am relocating from clermont, fl near orlando. I will be attending the tally campus! super nervous and excited at the same time. I am nervous because i know absolutely know no one in the area and i am hoping to meet nice students to study with and network. Excited to finally begin my journey in a new area :)

Has anyone else just received an email from the school congratulating them on being accepted to the university? It also says something about orientation for new students, but do we attend that since we are graduate students?? I guess the email is from having to apply to the university first then pharmacy and once accepted into pharmacy school they accept you? Strange...anyways any feedback from others is appreciated! :)

hello, I am not sure if i want to attend the FAMU orientation since we are considered graduate. I mean if you are going to be living on-campus maybe you should but i believe we are all pass that stage for living on campus lol. The only think we possibly may need is a parking decal and a student i.d. that comes in handy for discounts and media center use i suppose. Are you planning to go? I definitely am going to the pharmacy school orientation that is priority... the FAMU orientation... not so much. I guess it would be fun to go...more entertaining if anything.

Hello everyone, congrats to everyone who got in, I am from Clermont/ Orlando, FL and will be attending the tally campus I would love to get to know all of my future classmates :)
anybody found housing in tally yet? I am so new to the area and have know no one:( lol

Hello everyone!! I'm new here but I have been keeping up with all the forums. I was accepted to the Tallahassee location and was wondering if anyone knows about receiving money through financial aid to assist with off campus housing?? I am very interested on looking to live off campus so any info is appreciated.

Hello, I just payed my first month for the university courtyard apartments. it is pretty decent appearance wise. Pool, exercise room, computer room with free printing and game room( pool table and t.v.) I haven't met the roommates yet but i have seen the model apartments which is the same for every apartment with updated furniture. I wish i found this forum first maybe i could have met someone to be a roommate with instead living with a bunch of randoms. I rather roommate with one other person preferably instead of three that are in their professional field ex. pharmacy lol. Utilities and internet is included for around 380. I heard a bit of harsh things on this apartment but i will go in with an open mind and see. I heard management has changed don't know how true that is. it is extremely close the university and has a bus that comes like clock work picking and dropping students off. its one of the cheapest apartments out there that actually looks nice but i pray my opinion does not change:scared

Nothing this week. I wouldn't be surprised if we received a letter in August. This process is really teaching me to have patience. Maybe they are preparing us for pharmacy school.

is this concerning students that are wait listed? if not, i am sure you will get in...good luck! :)

I asked if there had been any recent activity for students on the Waiting List. I was told no activity at all whatsoever and nothing has been mailed out. Classes begin on Aug. 26th, I hope the college would have the integrity to not leave us hanging that long.

Hello, I just payed my first month for the university courtyard apartments. it is pretty decent appearance wise. Pool, exercise room, computer room with free printing and game room( pool table and t.v.) I haven't met the roommates yet but i have seen the model apartments which is the same for every apartment with updated furniture. I wish i found this forum first maybe i could have met someone to be a roommate with instead living with a bunch of randoms. I rather roommate with one other person preferably instead of three that are in their professional field ex. pharmacy lol. Utilities and internet is included for around 380. I heard a bit of harsh things on this apartment but i will go in with an open mind and see. I heard management has changed don't know how true that is. it is extremely close the university and has a bus that comes like clock work picking and dropping students off. its one of the cheapest apartments out there that actually looks nice but i pray my opinion does not change:scared

heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...........how's it going? I have been accepted to FAMU School Of Pharmacy as well :D Im currently looking for peers who are motivated to learn and ready to achieve high honors, im sure you are one of them:thumbup: Therefore, if you want to converse and prepare for orientation please contact me. Im on here and Im on FAMU SCHOOL OF PHARMACY 2017 (facebook page[/COLOR). Besides you cant miss, im the only student who recently wrote on there:idea: However, I perfer facebook =(FAMU school of pharmacy 2017) inorder to develop a stronger friendship.

By the way, I wish I would have found this site a little earlier insisted of FaceBook, which is totally deserted..lol...We could have arranged to become roommates. I curently have a deposit down for University Gardens Apt. I believe I recieved a great deal for this Apt. due to the fact that I have my own study area, bathroom, room, bay windows and mini kitchen, only for 319.00 a month. I luv it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TALK TO YOU SOON:)

Lucky you guys... Housing in Crestview is more expensive... Maybe because of the military base. Smh. The cheapest I have found is about 720 monthly and 630 with roommate...for July and august move in. Is there anyone else out there like me... They need to get campus housing for Crestview.

Hey posting on this forum is kinda getting tedious... May I suggest that people go to Facebook and join the FAMU school of pharmacy class of 2017 group and we can talk more freely and fluidly in there? I'll post the link in the next comment.

Lucky you guys... Housing in Crestview is more expensive... Maybe because of the military base. Smh. The cheapest I have found is about 720 monthly and 630 with roommate...for July and august move in. Is there anyone else out there like me... They need to get campus housing for Crestview.

did you try spring creek? I have friends that live there and I could swear they said it's cheaper than what you are saying.

Anything new for the wait list?????

Anyone know anyone who declined their acceptance?

That's good news
Who told you that?
About that waitlist. I just called and they told me that decisions will not be made as far as the waitlist until all grades are posted. Based on the famu calendar, that won't be until after August 6th.

Called today: "you'll be finding out in about 3 days"