This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FuturePharmacist2022

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a decision to make and that is to attend LECOM-B Pharmacy's program or FAMU's pharmacy program. I only applied to these two schools and kind of limited myself but since these are my options now that I was accepted to both, I am not sure which school is best. Obviously FAMU has a reputation built up based off the many years they have been around but their test scores last year were scary looking. I do not know a lot of history on LECOM-B or any pharmacists that have graduated from there. Which one is better?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello everyone, I have a decision to make and that is to attend LECOM-B Pharmacy's program or FAMU's pharmacy program. I only applied to these two schools and kind of limited myself but since these are my options now that I was accepted to both, I am not sure which school is best. Obviously FAMU has a reputation built up based off the many years they have been around but their test scores last year were scary looking. I do not know a lot of history on LECOM-B or any pharmacists that have graduated from there. Which one is better?
I got a bad feeling about FAMU. It's all black school, scares me, think since it's all black school creates low scores. Compare test scores , curriculum, see if they'll prep you for NAPLEX (even if their instructors suck make sure you can self-study and pass those NAPLEX) and which classes makes sense and fits you. I don't like LECOM but go where you like and feel ok.

1.) It's not to late to apply to more schools.

2.) I know someone who went to FAMU that is graduating this year - she told me that they wouldn't recommend the school to anyone else because the faculty didn't really "care" about her or if she passed.

Hi, I'm currently at FAMU pharmacy school and just finished my P1 year. I know that the 2017 scores improved with an 83.3% passing rate. With my class they have changed the curriculum and will say it is more intense. With any pharmacy school you will have to self-study to make sure you pass the NAPLEX. With FAMU there are a few facility members who don't care but the majority do and will do anything to help.....fyi it's predominantly black not ALL black =]