Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

FAMU PHARMACY C/O 2021

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by PharmRae, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Ariomt

Hey i just got in, i was wondering if i can get accepted into the fb group. I am Moira by the way

empressfatface and futuredrbest like this.
  2. nwillis116842

Pharmacy Student
    I called a few days after I faxed it, and she confirmed that they received it!

futuredrbest likes this.
  3. Ashyyyy

I had an interview but have not heard back yet. I just checked my application and one of my letters of recommendation has not been recieved. It will not let me resend the link. Does anyone else's say that? I was under the impression they were all recieved since my application says 100% complete.

4. PharmNosa90

Pre-Pharmacy
    When was your interview? Did they tell you anything or ask about that letter during the interview? If not, it could be a glitch in their new system. I know someone who they actually sent an interview invitation to but they never recieved it through email. He would have never known he got an interview had he not called to ask about his application status. Alot of applicants experienced this with their new system that they started using this year. Plus, from my past experience with them, they would have probably not invited you to interview if your application was NOT complete. I would call and ask them for sure though.

Ashyyyy likes this.
  5. Ashyyyy

My interview was at the first of April. In the interview nothing was asked about that so I was under the impression everything had been recieved. At least until I didn't hear anything back so I decided to check through everything and found that one has not been recieved. Ok. Thanks so much! I will most definitely be calling today to be sure.

PharmNosa90 likes this.
  6. Trini man

Got accepted but will have to decline the offer. Will be heading to Lecom. All the best everyone on your journey.

Although I would have loved to attend famu but it's just too far from my kid.

Do anyone know the full cost for famu? The tuition breakdown

7. kristenpharm

Is anybody accepted to the main campus looking for a roommate?

8. Jacey77

I am

9. kadee

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm looking for one more roommate for a 3 bedroom in Tallahassee. Message me if anyone is interested!

10. Jacey77

I am interested

11. futuredrbest

Pre-Pharmacy
    do you guys know when classes start? Is it Aug 28th?

#361 futuredrbest, Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  12. tracklife

Are they going to send us information regarding financial aid?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

13. nwillis116842

Pharmacy Student
    What are the dates for orientation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/QU

14. futuredrbest

Pre-Pharmacy
    Aug, 21st-25th

nwillis116842 likes this.
  15. kns08f

Does anyone have a tab on their application that days ''Admission Decision''? I just checked my app and this new tab appeared. When I click on it, it says ''Admission Offer''. The only thing on the page is a link that says ''Print Letter''. When I click on that, it's completely blank.

16. kadee

Pre-Pharmacy
    When I checked the tab right after I was accepted, there was a link for the offer (the same as the one in the email) and then there was an option to accept or decline the offer

empressfatface likes this.
  17. kns08f

Hmm. I have not actually been accepted yet (that I know of). I have no emails from them at all. Not sure what to make of it. Do you know if you had a tab that said ''Admission Decision'' before you were actually accepted?

18. empressfatface

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    This sounds like they have not made a decision yet and since you haven't gotten an email from them, you probably won't see anything until you do. I would call them and see where they are with the process.

19. Nikkittypharmdream

Pre-Pharmacy
    I know this is totally unrelated to this and I don't want to cause any panic/problems in this thread, but the Dean of Pharmacy just got terminated Monday and a friend of mine who's a P2 student at FAMU just confirmed this. :scared:
    I'm hoping that this doesn't affect any of us coming in this fall....
    Three FAMU deans dismissed

20. PharmRae

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Has anyone found a apartment to stay in? and if so where and when are you leaving?

21. Pharm-vensky

Pharm-vensky PharmFL

Pre-Pharmacy
    Have anyone received a rejection letter?

22. PharmNosa90

Pre-Pharmacy
    If you have not heard back from them by now with an acceptance or rejection then you are 99.9% on their waiting list.

23. Futurepharm94

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hey guys, I just got into the program class of 2022! I don't know much about the cost as a grad and I was offered a low loan. I was wondering if anyone that applied as a Grad could let me know what the cost of first semester was for them?

24. FinallyOnTrack

FinallyOnTrack Pharm.D Candidate

Pharmacy Student
    Others may disagree - the first semester - take out the max and save as much as you can - then adjust it based on what YOU need to live off of..

Personally, I opted to drive 7 hours away for school versus 45 minutes for FAMU - Crestview campus..

I wanted a 3 year program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. Futurepharm94

Pre-Pharmacy
    Thank you. I took out loans for undergard so I'm really trying to pay cash the first two semesters. If i can get a cost of what someone paid that first semester it will let me know if I saved enough.

26. Hgpharmacy

2+ Year Member

Hey first off congrats on your acceptance and secondly, I'm a 3rd year student (main campus) and I would recommend to not take out the loans if you can, however that being said use the loans if you are really tight on money cause you always want to have money in your account for backup situations. The first 2 years, each semester is like $3300 for tuition and books are close to nothing because most are PDF format and upperclassmen lookout. The only book you need to purchase is microbiology for Dr. Lewis (which I would recommend to buy from upperclassmen). Then when the 3rd year starts the tuition kicks up to about $5000 per semester. So I go back to my point try and make your money that you have in your account last over the 4 years for emergency situations, because you can always use whatever you have leftover and pay it straight towards the loans that you lookout, at the end of the program.