FAMU Student-Summer Job Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrWrong

Give me knowledge.
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm new to this site and i just have one question. I got my acceptance letter for entering the pharmacy program at FAMU in the fall of 2008. I currently don't plan on taking summer classes for the professional program, such as biochemistry and microbiology.

My question is, although i'm not taking summer classes, am i considered "enrolled in a pharmacy school?"

The reason i'm inquiring about this is because i would like to get a summer INTERNSHIP, and most places online, like Wal-Mart and CVS, have this as a requirement. If i don't meet this requirement, could i just get a job as a pharmacy tech thats planning on attending pharmacy school?

Many thanks,
Me =-)

By the way, FAMUs program is a 6 year PharmD program, in case it mattered.

Members don't see this ad.

Two points, Number one Famu Blows :D Number two ur fine as long as u take fall and spring classes. goodluck

Members don't see this ad :)
Two points, Number one Famu Blows :D Number two ur fine as long as u take fall and spring classes. goodluck

Pharmpill why are you such a sour puss about FAMU? Did you apply there once and got rejected? Did they screw you over? Because you obviously hold contempt against them.

Pharmpill why are you such a sour puss about FAMU? Did you apply there once and got rejected? Did they screw you over? Because you obviously hold contempt against them.

I'm pretty sure that he is mad because he got rejected as a result of being a transfer student. Too bad.

Any helpful advice?

OMG don't get all pissy b/c u didn't get accepted. Famu has a great pharmacy school

Hi all! I'm new to this site and i just have one question. I got my acceptance letter for entering the pharmacy program at FAMU in the fall of 2008. I currently don't plan on taking summer classes for the professional program, such as biochemistry and microbiology.

My question is, although i'm not taking summer classes, am i considered "enrolled in a pharmacy school?"

The reason i'm inquiring about this is because i would like to get a summer INTERNSHIP, and most places online, like Wal-Mart and CVS, have this as a requirement. If i don't meet this requirement, could i just get a job as a pharmacy tech thats planning on attending pharmacy school?

Many thanks,
Me =-)

By the way, FAMUs program is a 6 year PharmD program, in case it mattered.
First off I wanted to say congrats about getting into the progam. Hopefully I will run into u in the fall because that's where I attend school (going into my 3rd professional year). But they only problem that i could possibly see with you trying to intern this summer is that you don't have your internship certificate yet, that's registered with the state, you will be getting that sometime during the fall semester. Also I would recommend taking the classes over the summer if you can because it can lighten your work load in the fall. I know my first year I didn't take summer classes and I wish I would have. But it's your decision. Once again CONGRATS

First off I wanted to say congrats about getting into the progam. Hopefully I will run into u in the fall because that's where I attend school (going into my 3rd professional year). But they only problem that i could possibly see with you trying to intern this summer is that you don't have your internship certificate yet, that's registered with the state, you will be getting that sometime during the fall semester. Also I would recommend taking the classes over the summer if you can because it can lighten your work load in the fall. I know my first year I didn't take summer classes and I wish I would have. But it's your decision. Once again CONGRATS

Thanks. That is exactly what the office of student services just told me, so you are correct. As far as taking summer classes, i waited too long to decide about where to stay so i basically screwed myself over. Plus, i heard that the teacher for microbiology over the summer is going to be harder because just the woman is teaching it, as opposed to the guy and lady teaching it together in the fall. But i'm not too sure how accurate that is.

And again, thanks for the congrats and the advice. And i'm sure you will see me around, if you haven't already and we just didn't know it =-)

You can still apply to the Walgreens Summer Internship program even though you don't have your intern license. As long as you have your Acceptance Letter they will take you if they have enough spots left, so hurry up and apply asap.

OMG don't get all pissy b/c u didn't get accepted. Famu has a great pharmacy school

Actually if u looked at my post i never planned to go to the interview and was going to turn it down but some1 said why not go it dosnt hurt. Second im accepted to another better school. The only reason i would go to FAMU is only due to the tuition. I guess i will pay it off my first year when i graduate, at least i wont have to worry about accredation in 2010. Anyways i wont be surprised if u and Dr. Wong were the same person :laugh:. Its funny how both of u suddenly came to SDN at the same time makes me wonder.

I'm pretty sure you can get a job as an intern when you are a 3rd year. You get the intern license at the end of 3rd year.

CVS mistakenly has my status as a 3rd year student because they assumed I made it into the Pharmacy program in Fall 2007, I told the district manager, he says we'll deal with it when the time comes, but I'm pretty sure that this is going to bite me in the *** somehow.

Actually if u looked at my post i never planned to go to the interview and was going to turn it down but some1 said why not go it dosnt hurt. Second im accepted to another better school. The only reason i would go to FAMU is only due to the tuition. I guess i will pay it off my first year when i graduate, at least i wont have to worry about accredation in 2010. Anyways i wont be surprised if u and Dr. Wong were the same person :laugh:. Its funny how both of u suddenly came to SDN at the same time makes me wonder.

Someone should kick you out! you are as annoying as a tick! Sucking off the blood of humans and animals. So what AWESOME school did you get accepted to? Are you too scared to say? We really don't need your negative input. I thought SDN was to get useful and progressive information and not petty comments like yours.

Next time your say anything negative about any school I'll report you. You TROLL!!

Yeah, you can get a job s an intern just show your acceptance letter and be registered with the DOH in Florida and have an approved application on file:

Florida Intern Application:

Is that the same with both 4 year and 6 year programs? I would think you'd have to be in at least your 1st professional year (as mentioned above, the 3rd year in a 0-6 program). Probably a pretty important difference, though I'm not really familiar with FL and could very well be incorrect there.

2 points.
1. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
2.Some people really should refrain from stating it.

Having said that, try to stick to the topic of the thread. And keep things clean.

Next time your say anything negative about any school I'll report you. You TROLL!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh: :sleep:i got into a better school than u thats wll you need to know buddy :D. its takes a troll to know a troll :D

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :sleep:i got into a better school than u thats wll you need to know buddy :D. its takes a troll to know a troll :D

Ok pharmpills,
you are obviously never going to change being as obnoxious as you are. I am unlike you a responsible adult. Honestly, I pity you because even with your pcat score and subpar GPA does not make up for your irksome attitude. I really feel bad for your future customers and or patients because they have to deal with your lack of empathy and immaturity. Being nice takes you a long way. I Did get accepted into other schools but what is the point you are going to bring down on anyone's school. I am aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion just please make it less crass. Because your little ridiculous comments are an embrassment to yourself! And it's not buddy it's madam to you. Here is a laughing face for your enjoyment!!!!:laugh::laugh:So I am getting this off my system and I am not going to bother with you anymore. Good Luck, you'll need it!:luck:

Ok pharmpills,
you are obviously never going to change being as obnoxious as you are. I am unlike you a responsible adult. Honestly, I pity you because even with your pcat score and subpar GPA does not make up for your irksome attitude. I really feel bad for your future customers and or patients because they have to deal with your lack of empathy and immaturity. Being nice takes you a long way. I Did get accepted into other schools but what is the point you are going to bring down on anyone's school. I am aware that everyone is entitled to their opinion just please make it less crass. Because your little ridiculous comments are an embrassment to yourself! And it's not buddy it's madam to you. Here is a laughing face for your enjoyment!!!!:laugh::laugh:So I am getting this off my system and I am not going to bother with you anymore. Good Luck, you'll need it!:luck:

For your information ive worked in retail for several years and ive being awarded highly for customer service just 2 weeks ago i got a gift card :D so u will be the one who needs luck, good luck to u. U will most certainly need it :laugh::D

It does not matter where you go, but what you make out of it!! But, good luck to you!! At the end of the day we all will be sending each other transfers one day!!

And again schools can go on probation at anytime!! So, just because a school does not know that does not mean that will not in the future PHARMPILLS! Just watch what you say!! What comes around goes around!! No hard feelings!!