FAP help - SO confused!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdmn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm filling out the FAP, but I'm totally confused with the questions. I tried calling AADSAS and they told me to email [email protected], but they haven't replied.

Sorry if it's common sense and I'm just not seeing it, but I want to get this right!!

- I did not have any income for 2014. Do I put the number of dependents listed on my parent's tax return twice on the FAP?

- One field under "Parental information" asks for gross earned income for 2014 and one field under "Parental Income Information" asks for gross income. Are these the same thing (same number)?

- Another field under "Parental information" asks "Did you earn income for 2014?" Does "you" refer to my parent or me?

- One field under "Parental Income Information" asks "Did you receive public assistance in 2014?" Does "you" refer to my parent, my parent's spouse (my mother), or me?

- Also, the last question asks how much public assistance this person (above) has received. Should I put a monthly amount? Or the total amount of public assistance received to date?

If you filled out the FAP with no problems, please tell me how you answered these questions!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd also like some information on how to work on the FAP. These questions are good, and I'd also like to hear from someone who went through it successfully.

The title of this post had me lol'ing :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I'm filling out the FAP, but I'm totally confused with the questions. I tried calling AADSAS and they told me to email [email protected], but they haven't replied.

Sorry if it's common sense and I'm just not seeing it, but I want to get this right!!

- I did not have any income for 2014. Do I put the number of dependents listed on my parent's tax return twice on the FAP?

- One field under "Parental information" asks for gross earned income for 2014 and one field under "Parental Income Information" asks for gross income. Are these the same thing (same number)?

- Another field under "Parental information" asks "Did you earn income for 2014?" Does "you" refer to my parent or me?

- One field under "Parental Income Information" asks "Did you receive public assistance in 2014?" Does "you" refer to my parent, my parent's spouse (my mother), or me?

- Also, the last question asks how much public assistance this person (above) has received. Should I put a monthly amount? Or the total amount of public assistance received to date?

If you filled out the FAP with no problems, please tell me how you answered these questions!

I emailed FAP 6 days ago and got a reply today lol
- The second box to put the number of dependents is for your parents. If you don't have any dependents that you are raising yourself, put "0" for the first box.
- The first section of parental information for gross income is for one parent. The other section is for the combination of both parents gross income. If it's a single parent, repeat the same gross income number.
- Under parental information for "Did you earn income for 2014" is for the parent.
- Put the total amount you received for the 2014 fiscal year.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd also like some information on how to work on the FAP. These questions are good, and I'd also like to hear from someone who went through it successfully.

if you need Fee Assistance, it is likely that you also fill out and complete FAFSA (financial aid application) every year. The terminologies for both are identical.

just put your parents total income (for each parent then combine) your parents house hold number = # of your immediate family. If you are single, your household number is 0 and put in your income.

just fed ex in the W2 of yourself and your parents and you are all set to go. The waiver has 10 day to e-submit ur app btw

Reactions: 1 user