Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Your stats are good (although average for rads) and from a top 25 school will help you tremendously though. I don’t think those are reaches for you at all as long as you interview well.School: MD top-25 NIH
Step 1: 241
Step 2: 249
Clinical: Honors in Medicine, OBGyn, Family, Psych; High Pass in Neuro, Pass in Peds, Surgery
Research: One 2nd author pub (non-rads)
Very recently made the switch from a surgical specialty, but did well on the sub-I and will get a strong letter from someone in that field.
Will also try to get on a case report or two before ERAS is due. My question is what type of reaches would you suggest for DR? Are places like Northwestern, Vanderbilt, USC reasonable? Also do I have an outside shot at IR? I know its crazy competitive but would be willing to go literally anywhere.
Thank you for your time!