Favorite Databases?

Started by ultracet
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ultracet

1K Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What search does everyone use? We were taught to use PubMed but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for right now and I was just wondering what everyone else liked to use.
 
I sometimes use PubMed, but our school uses MDConsult, and EBSCOhost through Universitiy Medical Center of Southern Nevada. Our school also has a subscription to Ovid http://www.ovid.com/site/index.jsp
which I use regularly to search for literature. Have you checked what other databases your library has subscriptions to? I think you guys have access to MD Consult, and Wiley interscience database, although that only covers journals published by Wiley. Sometimes I have a hard time getting access to full text articles, especially if they are older articles (we lack a large academic medical library), so I have to pick them up when I get back to California, at UCLA or UCI.
 
It depends on the assignment. I prefer Micromedix and Clinical Pharmacogy for drug info. They sometimes make us use the PDR, though. For journals, I use Pub Med because I used it as an undergrad and got accustomed to using it.