ultracet

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 4, 2004
Status (Visible)
What search does everyone use? We were taught to use PubMed but I can't seem to find what i'm looking for right now and I was just wondering what everyone else liked to use.

LVPharm

SDN Moderator
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 19, 2003
Salt Lake City, UT
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I sometimes use PubMed, but our school uses MDConsult, and EBSCOhost through Universitiy Medical Center of Southern Nevada. Our school also has a subscription to Ovid http://www.ovid.com/site/index.jsp
which I use regularly to search for literature. Have you checked what other databases your library has subscriptions to? I think you guys have access to MD Consult, and Wiley interscience database, although that only covers journals published by Wiley. Sometimes I have a hard time getting access to full text articles, especially if they are older articles (we lack a large academic medical library), so I have to pick them up when I get back to California, at UCLA or UCI.

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status (Visible)
  1. Pharmacist
It depends on the assignment. I prefer Micromedix and Clinical Pharmacogy for drug info. They sometimes make us use the PDR, though. For journals, I use Pub Med because I used it as an undergrad and got accustomed to using it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.