Favorite nail nippers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

p100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I like straight edge double action. Lately I've been trying the curved double action and I am not a fan. The curved part can cut the skin next to the toe if I am not careful, this doesn't happen with the straight edge.

In school we were practically forced to buy a pair from McGill and they are wobbly and rattle some. McKesson nippers are much nicer imo. It is also possible McGill has student editions of lower quality.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
A137562C-2204-4819-A633-AA5D28ED0B29.jpeg

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I am here for all of this thread.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
As a total toenail replacement surgeon, I’m going to go ahead and bookmark this important thread.

Reactions: 2 users
As a total toenail replacement surgeon, I’m going to go ahead and bookmark this important thread.
Sir, are you involved in Industry? I didn't see @Pronation on the sunshine act site. Do you have any replacement nails in the works?

I set my dremmel to the highest rpm and don’t usually use nippers

This is usually my technique of choice, usually after applying copious amounts of lotion to soften up the nails so the dust isn't as profuse. I learned these special techniques in my 3 year surgical residency, as chief resident of course.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I like my Krisps
Blingy, but not too Blingy.

Krisp.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
I like that, it really goes with the modern farmhouse decor. Instead of a stainless steel sink maybe get a farmhouse style sink

Live, Laugh, Lamisil

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I don’t have favorite tools of debridement, but I do like my mustache wax to be aged well in oak barrels.

Attachments

• IMG_6065.jpeg
    IMG_6065.jpeg
    214.9 KB · Views: 49
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Double action nippers? What are we, children? Do we not all have bulging forearms at this point in our careers? Is this because there are more women joining the field? And that’s not sexist, it’s science. There’s a study on grip strength that demonstrates this…

6AF8A6BE-343E-4AEB-BE95-827C00755C37.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user