-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Favorite Study Movies
Started by ultracet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I usually study while catching up on my TiVo recordings. It's been collecting Dallas and Law & Order reruns for me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought this post might be going somewhere that I didn't want to hear about. 😉bbmuffin said:good idea! I have sex and....
K
kim.
bbmuffin said:Week before finals... Any suggestions?
I just broke up my finals studying with The Last Samurai! This was a great movie! Now, its back to Immunology.

jdpharmd? said:I thought this post might be going somewhere that I didn't want to hear about. 😉
I was with you there....my eyes opened a litte wider until I got to the and city part.
jdpharmd? said:I thought this post might be going somewhere that I didn't want to hear about. 😉
And they say pharmacists aren't exciting....
bbmuffin said:And they say pharmacists aren't exciting....
Well, apparently they are quite "excitable" 😉
The Goonies(my favorite!!), Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones....oh and Ben Hur 
This was one of the first threads I remember reading on SDN... sooooo *bump*

This was one of the first threads I remember reading on SDN... sooooo *bump*
Best study movie: Legally Blonde!!!
Seriously though! When I get done watching it I'm motivated to study and pull through just like Reese!
Seriously though! When I get done watching it I'm motivated to study and pull through just like Reese!ndearwater said:Best study movie: Legally Blonde!!!Seriously though! When I get done watching it I'm motivated to study and pull through just like Reese!
Yeah, I forgot that one. I usually don't like girly teeny bopper movies, but this one was pretty funny. For my group project in my speech/ interpersonal communications class we had to use clips of movies to show how language is subjective and how gender plays a role in how we communicate...Legally Blonde was used more than once for that project (we also used Summer Nights from Grease....maybe another one to add... 😍 )
'real Genius" with Val Kilmer...circa 1980's..inspiring goof about brilliants in college.
Calibration1 said:'real Genius" with Val Kilmer...circa 1980's..inspiring goof about brilliants in college.
I love that movie. Especially the transmitter in the braces bit

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
all seasons of dawson's creek (my weakness) and i'm now hooked on FRIENDS!!!
Any opinions on "Gray's anatomy?"
Calibration1 said:Any opinions on "Gray's anatomy?"
i love this show! it is the only show that i watch religiously 😀
Calibration1 said:Any opinions on "Gray's anatomy?"
House > Gray's Anatomy.
Calibration1 said:Any opinions on "Gray's anatomy?"
duh, it's totally like the only show i watch!
Smilescali said:The Goonies(my favorite!!), Star Wars, LOTR, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones....oh and Ben Hur![]()
YOU have GREAT taste in films! 👍
haha.. this is an interesting thread....
Last Samurai.... good movie.. but to be honest (and this might be a spoiler, so if you haven't seen it.. stop reading), but Tom Cruise really should of died, it would of elevated the movie to the next level.
Real Genius = Classic!!!
Grey's Anatomy: You know, I just noticed that it was "based" in Seattle, been noticing anything related to Seattle, now that I got accepted to UW. Love the show of course, but since I have night classes, don't watch it regularly, and also.. there was one episode in season 1, when they did some body harvesting I think, and they took out a patient's liver... (I've been an anatomy TA, and worked on prosection/cadavers), and the liver on the show was soooo tiny, I swear they must of used chicken liver or something, which made me laugh. Who's their medical consultant that allowed them to pass that puny thing as a "human liver"??? =P
Anybody here a Scrubs fan? Was talking to one of my tech coworker friend, and we laughed at the idea of a pharmacy based comedy sitcom kinda like Scrubs, and we'd call it "White Coats"... nobody would probably watch it though =P
Last Samurai.... good movie.. but to be honest (and this might be a spoiler, so if you haven't seen it.. stop reading), but Tom Cruise really should of died, it would of elevated the movie to the next level.
Real Genius = Classic!!!
Grey's Anatomy: You know, I just noticed that it was "based" in Seattle, been noticing anything related to Seattle, now that I got accepted to UW. Love the show of course, but since I have night classes, don't watch it regularly, and also.. there was one episode in season 1, when they did some body harvesting I think, and they took out a patient's liver... (I've been an anatomy TA, and worked on prosection/cadavers), and the liver on the show was soooo tiny, I swear they must of used chicken liver or something, which made me laugh. Who's their medical consultant that allowed them to pass that puny thing as a "human liver"??? =P
Anybody here a Scrubs fan? Was talking to one of my tech coworker friend, and we laughed at the idea of a pharmacy based comedy sitcom kinda like Scrubs, and we'd call it "White Coats"... nobody would probably watch it though =P
boobash said:Anybody here a Scrubs fan? Was talking to one of my tech coworker friend, and we laughed at the idea of a pharmacy based comedy sitcom kinda like Scrubs, and we'd call it "White Coats"... nobody would probably watch it though =P
I always watch Scrubs. It's the one show that is consistently funny. Last night was pretty sad though with all the patients dying. It reminded my of my ICU rotation.
I don't watch Gray's Anatomy. It's on the same time as Crossing Jordan and I've watched that since the first episode. Since I go to bed at 10pm, my DVR is set for Crossing Jordan and I can only record one show in the same time slot.
Gray's anatomy is the best.. even though it is not movie..
I remember finishing sex and the city DVDs in one day and ruining calculus final 😀
I remember finishing sex and the city DVDs in one day and ruining calculus final 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
starsweet said:Will & Grace reruns... always make me laugh no matter how many times I've seen them. 😀
Snatch, or Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, so I know if school doesn't work out, I can become a professional thief
Jbuprepharm said:Snatch, or Lock Stock and two smoking barrels, so I know if school doesn't work out, I can become a professional thief
lololol
i am addicted to nigerian and indian movies 🙁 i need to study for finals instead of trying to learn HINDU 😳
i also watch HOUSE religiously on friday nights.
Dead Man on Campus! I love that movies so much and seen it way too many times! freshman year of college I was that stressed-out, neurotic pre-med kid! Sooooooo glad I found pharmacy instead 😀
My name is Cliff brother of Joe, I got me some crack I want me some Hoes...
My name is Cliff brother of Joe, I got me some crack I want me some Hoes...
Alias on DVD