Favorites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Right now: White Tailed Kite

ask me tomorrow, it'll be different. :rolleyes:

Moose. I like them because they look as awkward and clumsy as I am.

Bald Eagle.

According to my enviro bio prof:
"Bald eagles are like Americans. They're large, they're lazy... and they like to eat dead things."
:rolleyes:

Naw.
They are pretty bad ass.
Saw two today, soaring around. I believe one had a snake. Isn't that a symbol for something good?

Orcas! Specifically the Southern Residents off the coast of BC and WA, but I like other orcas too :)

Attachments

• P5270309.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 47
  • P5300428.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 45
I did research on sea otters this summer :love:

My favorite animal (photos of my babies):

UGH moose rehab?! Cutest babies ever!

I have to say, I'm with Trilt on the sloth front. Plus I love red pandas and pangolins.

Members don't see this ad :)
BABY MEESE! :laugh: Holy canolis those babies are cute!

They were indeed! :thumbup: I was paid to be their "mom," and they followed me around everywhere like ducklings (I called them my moose'lings).

UGH moose rehab?! Cutest babies ever!

I was employed by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game to bottle raise them for a research facility (which does humane, non-invasive studies). The moose need to be "tame" enough to be safe, but "wild" enough to have normal moose habits (other than acting like dogs towards people).

AHHH i am so jealous!!!! how did you get to do that?!?! i have an obsession with otters and i will someday figure out how to incorporate them into my life plan :love:

My school (UC Davis) has a summer research program, and I'm working with my mentor on a research study of the dental pathology of the southern sea otter. So I've looked at over 36,000 sea otter teeth (sadly, on skulls and not living specimens - but still super cool), and am writing up the results as a manuscript because we found some pretty cool lesions :D

Squirrels!

... if any Pennwes see me randomly cracking up laughing while walking around town, I probably spotted squirrel antics. I think this is why my puppy & I get along so well. :-D

I am not sure I have a favorite animal really..... I like too many....

I really like King Cheetahs....and turtles and lizards and horses and..... too many

Tigers! (obviously.lol)

Also, I love dogs, snakes, and other big cats. :)

By the way, I just gotta say I love all of the links to the awesome animal jewelry. :D

Oh yes, sheep are exceedingly soft! Especially Finnsheep, like the lambkin in my avatar.

That's neat that you were named after William Blake...didn't know how many on this forum would know about that poem but it's my favorite.

If you can get any experience with sheep, it would be great! Lambing season especially is hard work but it's very fulfilling. I love dealing with my own flock (about 40 head) and am going to try to get a couple of internships with other sheep farms.

Sorry, slight tangent here. :hijacked:

Finnsheep, when you get into vet school, what are you going to do with your flock?

Wow, this could be another favorite... reminds me of one my IGs as a youngster.

One of my friends posted that on facebook a while back. I have to laugh every time I see it.

I had a 10 week old puppy here last week and he bounced against Ivy and another GSD puppy I had like that. Only that they kept standing and the little one bounced off and fell over all the time.

:love: :laugh:

Sorry, slight tangent here. :hijacked:

Finnsheep, when you get into vet school, what are you going to do with your flock?
What, you want them? :)

I'm deeply hoping to be accepted into MSU CVM- I live very close to the campus and will be commuting there throughout undergrad. I'm in a production prevet program where my chances of being accepted there are almost certain- at this point (it could very well change later, but still will be substantially higher than if I was a random prevet student applying).

If I am accepted into MSU CVM, I'm keeping my flock, but may have to downsize. I've already been wondering how to handle lambing season during my 3rd and 4th years in that case...may not be able to breed those years. It's no problem right now in undergrad- they take about 20 minutes each day to care for, and I am lambing in late May-June. I'm available then to be there for them 24/7.

If I am not accepted at MSU, and instead will be attending an OOS school, I will either have to sell them or see if I can get one of my younger siblings to take over in my absence...I'll just have to see.

If they become too much I will have to either quit breeding or sell out. But so far, it's no problem. Vet school will obviously be more challenging but I will do what I can to make it happen.

I've been thinking about this ever since I started with my first two sheep when I was 14. I love nothing more than to work with them, and if I can't have my own then I will have to work with other flocks!

Why the interest? I love your avatar.

What, you want them? :)

I'm deeply hoping to be accepted into MSU CVM- I live very close to the campus and will be commuting there throughout undergrad. I'm in a production prevet program where my chances of being accepted there are almost certain- at this point (it could very well change later, but still will be substantially higher than if I was a random prevet student applying).

If I am accepted into MSU CVM, I'm keeping my flock, but may have to downsize. I've already been wondering how to handle lambing season during my 3rd and 4th years in that case...may not be able to breed those years. It's no problem right now in undergrad- they take about 20 minutes each day to care for, and I am lambing in late May-June. I'm available then to be there for them 24/7.

If I am not accepted at MSU, and instead will be attending an OOS school, I will either have to sell them or see if I can get one of my younger siblings to take over in my absence...I'll just have to see.

If they become too much I will have to either quit breeding or sell out. But so far, it's no problem. Vet school will obviously be more challenging but I will do what I can to make it happen.

I've been thinking about this ever since I started with my first two sheep when I was 14. I love nothing more than to work with them, and if I can't have my own then I will have to work with other flocks!

Why the interest? I love your avatar.

:laugh: No, I do not want them! Not a sheep fan. :smuggrin: Prefer my cattle. I don't hate sheep, just not interested in them.

I was just curious. I know someone that went into vet school single, with 2 children under the age of 5, and a small farm of animals. I don't know how she managed it all. I find it exhausting just thinking about it. (she has a boyfriend/fiance? now who is a tremendous help, especially now that she is in clinics and sometimes out of state for weeks at a time)

If you do get to keep them, something to consider during lambing season is 'hiring' other vet students(or prevets) to help you. They get experience, you get free labor. ;)

Yeah, clinics year will be your main concern, I would think. You may have to be out of state for a couple weeks at a time.

My avatar: It completely portrays my attitude at life right now. :laugh:

I can't just pick one, so here are some of my top favorites:

Foxes:

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

Turtles/tortoises:

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

Giraffes: (They are probably my number one) :love:

thumbnail.aspx

This tree porcupine that I took care of at the zoo. His nose is so soft. Such a gentle creature:

porcupine.jpg

Favorite? How about the guy on the left:

149745295-jpg_160307.jpg

trilt.. please refer to my icon

Horses
Dogs
Big cats
exotic birds
guinea pigs and wabbits too:)

It was the first "find the camo animal" picture I'd ever found that I couldn't find the animal without cheating, so it's stuck in my head. Plus, it's a cute frog too. :D