feb oat test results?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sleepyrain

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry to all of you who are sick of hearing about the oat =p. i was wondering if you guys remember how long it took for the oat people in chicago to send out your test scores. i called them today and they said six to eight weeks, but that sounds ridiculously long. i am anxiously awaiting the results because that is now the only thing that my application for fall 2003 depends on (it sucks! :mad: ). anyways. if anyone could comment that would be great. :D

p.s. i've been lurking around for awhile, this forum is great! there doesn't to be any other website (or support group, haha) like this one.

Members don't see this ad.

Six to eight is just about right. It feels like even longer though! How do you think the OAT went? The analytical section was my down fall.

I know you're anxious but unforutunately you will have to wait for your scores. The good thing is that you probably wont have to wait 6-8 weeks. I took the OAT on October 19 and I received my scores the third or fourth week of November. So I'm guessing you'll probably have to wait like 4-5 weeks....maybe 6 at the most. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahh....the suspense is killer!! I remember the good ol' days. (Okay, so it was last October, but hey...) My scores were printed out on November 11, after taking it October 19. I GOT my scores fourth week of November. My friend found out sooner than I did though, because the optometry schools get your scores first. She just so happened to be at the school and they told her what her scores were.

I don't understand why it takes so long!!
It's not like the MCAT or LSAT where they have to grade an essay. Just run the sucker through the machine, find the average and send 'em out. What's the big deal!?!? :D

Also, with the DATs since it's computerized, they get their score instantaneously. I'm not sure if I'd want that though. That's kinda scary!!

Anyhoo, good luck with your scores!! I'm sure you did AWESOME!!

I found out my scores when I was at my NEWENCO interview!

Eyegirl

Hi sleepyrain:

It will probably take around 6-8 weeks for you to get your scores.

However, if you are really interested in what you got, why don't you call that school that is waiting on your OAT scores and ask them if they received them yet? I believe that all optometry schools receive the results from the OAT around 5 weeks after the test.

Out of curiosity, I noticed that you have Berkeley, CA listed under your city. Is UCBSO the school that is waiting for your OAT scores for admittance? I'm asking you because I haven't heard anything from UCBSO after the interview date, and I everyone I know from the interview hasn't heard from them as well.

Don't worry so much, I'm sure you did great. :)

Best wishes,

Rosanna

the suspense sucks, that's all i can say =p. anyways, when i called the oat ppl i asked how much sooner they send the scores to the schools, and they said that they send it out 2nd day air (i guess versus regular first class) so that's why the schools get it earlier... but i do intend on calling the schools to find out my fate :( sigh, scary scary scary. my apt is prone to losing mail anyway.

i went to cal for undergrad but i'm currently not applying to the optometry school cuz they don't accept the feb oat... plus i'm a little sick of this place ;) hehe. however i do have friends who had their interview last week and i think the school said they should know in 2 weeks or so?

i feel like the oat was one of those tests where i had no idea how i did... all i know is that i should have done well on the reading, and that we had way too little time for the analytical section. oh and that the bio questions were on somewhat obscure topics, which threw me off cuz i'm a bio major. and also, what was up with the pre-test section?! it was like questions a 10 yr old could answer. anyway, it's over now so i guess all i can do is wait... :(