February II??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WAnative

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey there I was just wondering how common are Interview invites in the month of February. I know it's different for each school but most say they extend Invites into February which seems pretty late. Is there one final push of invites?

I have a few schools I still havnt heard back from (complete in early August) and was wondering what I should be thinking ?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think IIs are still possible, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Completely depends on the schools. Some continue inviting during Feb, some conduct interviews in Feb but are done inviting, and others are done with conducting interviews altogether right about now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds about what I was thinking, thanks good folks of SDN

Definitely wouldn't bank on getting an II at this point, but it has happened in the past. In threads from previous cycles, some people mentioned interviewing in February, March, and April. I think the latest II was extended sometime in March.

Look at the SUNY Downstate thread

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I don't know how common it is, but I got one interview invite in February during my application cycle.

I also had one interview invite that was granted in September but scheduled for either February or March...

It likely depends on the school.

I'd think in general, the lower tiered/less competitive schools will be giving interviews later to ensure they have enough acceptances to fill their classes

I'd think in general, the lower tiered/less competitive schools will be giving interviews later to ensure they have enough acceptances to fill their classes
Alot of those schools already interviewed vast majority of students and know from over the years how much will matriculate and will pull from the waitlist if needs be so I think movement for those scools is also very limited. And looking from a rank stand point one would think If anything alot of lower tier schools will have students with only one acceptance compared to top schools. Just my 2 cents all on all I think movement in a whole regardless of tier is limited at this point

My first app cycle:
II early Feb and interviewed first week of March
II mid Feb and interviewed last week of March

Second app cycle:
II in late Jan and interviewed first week of Feb
II mid March (interviewed mid April)

Result from interviews (all MD) - WAITLIST :bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Although a school will assure you that you are not interviewing for a waitlist spot even tho it's late in the cycle, if you dig up previous threads you will get a good sense of what actually goes on. Yes, SDN sample size is small, but I feel that gaining an outright acceptance from a late interview will require a super star performance. Even so, interviewing well will put you in a good position on the waitlist if the school is known for movement.