Fee Assistance Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iamsoopaman

Part Time Super Hero
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody here get acceptance for the AAMC Fee Assistance Program, if so , what type of an umbrella of income are we talking about. I would hate to go throuhg another application only to find out I am not eligible?

Members don't see this ad.

iamsoopaman said:
Anybody here get acceptance for the AAMC Fee Assistance Program, if so , what type of an umbrella of income are we talking about. I would hate to go throuhg another application only to find out I am not eligible?

I think you just have to fill out your FAFSA with your Parental information. What's it going to hurt filling it out? Worse case scenario you don't get it, best you get a cool little grant worth a couple thousand. If your tired of filling out applications now your going to hate applying to medical school (I'm assuming you haven't done so yet as that would then make you ineligible for the FAP).

mbHopper said:
I think you just have to fill out your FAFSA with your Parental information. What's it going to hurt filling it out? Worse case scenario you don't get it, best you get a cool little grant worth a couple thousand. If your tired of filling out applications now your going to hate applying to medical school (I'm assuming you haven't done so yet as that would then make you ineligible for the FAP).

guys,

i'm confused about how to fill out this fap app. it asks for the adjusted gross income. even after reading the 'help' section, i am unsure what dollar amount to put in that box.

what about the non-taxable income? what exactly does this mean and what dollar amount do i put here? many thanks!

square

Members don't see this ad :)
square said:
guys,

i'm confused about how to fill out this fap app. it asks for the adjusted gross income. even after reading the 'help' section, i am unsure what dollar amount to put in that box.

what about the non-taxable income? what exactly does this mean and what dollar amount do i put here? many thanks!

square

I received the FAP in 2004 and it is definately worth the time to fill out the app. You should be using your 2005 tax information to fill out the application. And if you didn't have to file a tax return for last year (you made under ~$7000) then you need to use the amount you earned for work as your Adjusted gross income. Non taxable income is also something that would be on your tax form. Some examples are contributions to 401(k)'s or health savings plans.
I don't know what the other poster meant by a multi-thousand dollar grant, because you don't actually get any money. When I applied back in 04 I received 10 free schools on my AMCAS app and several of the schools waived the secondary fees. Also, I didn't have to pay the deposit on my seat in the school I will be attending this fall. So I guess, yeah, it is worth probably a thousand bucks if you apply at a good number of schools.
If you are still unsure of what figures to put in the boxes take the form to your school's financial aid department and ask for assistance. They'll definately know what to include.

katiekate said:
I don't know what the other poster meant by a multi-thousand dollar grant, because you don't actually get any money.

You might not have got any money, but you didn't spend any money so what is the difference? A grant is money given to you to spend on something specific. Patay-toe, Patah-toe

well this year the fap provided :
MCAT reduced fee $ 85 instead of $210 and 11 schools

and AACOM also offers a fee waiver for 3 schools it saved me a lot of money

because im applying to both.

Can you still apply for the fee waiver for this application cycle?

the fap you can fill for your AAMCAS the deadline is 3weeks before your first school's deadline and in the case of AACOM they say fee waivers are still available