Feedback on In Person or Online-Exam Crackers Course vs Kaplan Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IMPROVEDAILY

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had some feedback on the Kaplan in person course and the Exam Crackers in person course.

I know the EC books are good for light content review, but was wondering what the course was like

Members don't see this ad.

@IMPROVEDAILY
In my experience, the Kaplan course was most beneficial for learning patterns of the MCAT test, how questions were organized, and CARS. The course also gives you access to all the AAMC materials and Kaplan materials which was great (you pay for it through the course price). However, since I was already half-way through my studying regime, I really didn't need help organizing a schedule, or with too content review. It seems the course is most beneficial for those just starting out and need help with making a schedule for studying for the MCAT.

Fair warning! A lot of people think that the course will give them tons of in-person content review, but really the course would just lightly go over some highly tested topics each session. So its still all about self-study and using your resources. If you take the course, just look at it as a supplemental resource (if you think you need it).

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the Kaplan course right now. The classes definitely aren't for people who are looking for someone to teach them content. The classes help in seeing how content will be tested. The online portion of the class is more content review-based, but this is all done by yourself. "Homework" is assigned but it is never actually due. They give you tons of FLs and AAMC material. I find that supplementing Kaplan with KA videos help a lot especially for P/S.

Reactions: 1 user