Feedback on letter of rec request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabedoc2000

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am new here. I have been following for a long time but just created an account to post. I asked an old professor for an LOR and this is what he replied with. For the record, I did kind of bad on the final and ended up with a B in his class. Do you all think I should keep him on my list? Thanks in advance!

"Hi wannabedoc2000,

Yes of course I remember you. I can certainly write you a letter attesting to your friendly and congenial nature and your general aptitude for and interest in science. It would be slightly tempered by the fact that you didin’t put as much as you could have into the course and ended up with a lower grade than you are capable of. Still, you pulled things together better in the end, a good sign. Please feel free to add me to your recommender list and I’ll be happy to take care of it. "
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Send that LOR only if you never, ever want to be a doctor, because that will be a lethal LOR.

I think saying lethal is overdoing it a bit. It would probably be an LOR that doesn't say anything negative but slightly dials down the positivity.