Feedback on my Disadvantaged statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

2015istheYear

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone.

I am struggling with the decision to include "disadvantaged" status in my application this year.
I know I am very different than most med school applicants and I feel it is important to include my whole story, as much as possible. I am so grateful to anyone who provides feedback on my disadvantage statement, as I don't want it to be whiny or sound like I am coming up with excuses. I am not totally done with my personal statement, but I will probably post that for feedback soon.


Thanks in advance,

Please reply and I will send it to you via PM.​
 
Last edited:
It might not be beneficial to post this online. I applied disadvantaged this past cycle, if you have any questions or need a reader,
feel free to PM me.
 
It might not be beneficial to post this online. I applied disadvantaged this past cycle, if you have any questions or need a reader,
feel free to PM me.
It might not be beneficial to post this online. I applied disadvantaged this past cycle, if you have any questions or need a reader,
feel free to PM me.
I tried to PM you but I am getting an error when opening your profile page... Do you think I should not post online because others could plagiarize?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad